Thread: PC beeping on startup, RAM Issue

PC beeping on startup, RAM Issue

Hi guys,
    I'm trying to upgrade ram of my pc, but nothing is going right over here, the problem is i bought the RAM recently from Amazon but when i plugged this RAM in my pc and power on my pc it gives me beeping sound, there is 3 long beeps comes. Its the DDr2 512Mb, i don't what is the wrong i have tried with all of the slots available on my motherboard. I tried using my old ram in a different PC and it works. Please guys help me out, i'm counting on you. Thanks in advance.

Re: PC beeping on startup, RAM Issue

Are your sure you have bought the right RAM for your motherboard? Which motherboard you are using? give full details of your pc configuration then it will be more easier to help you. Beeping sound comes when you don't attach the RAM in ram slots correctly, check your ram is properly installed in ram slots.

Hi Freind
    I also had the same problem as you.What I did was I remove all the removable part like RAM,sound card,graphic card,etc.I clean all the part and again plug all the parts as it is(Clean your all cards with eraser by rubbing it smoothly).When I start computer the computer is start nicely.

Secondly,You have to make share that all part are inserted correctly and in correct slot.

Hey guy,You are mostly face this problem when you don't use computer for more than two month. You might think that some serious problem is happened with your computer but don't panik you can fix it own your own with little knowledge i provided as following

1. Firstly you have to disconnect your computer from main switch .Remove all the Peripherals like mouse, keyboard, display,printer,modem and power cable from the CPU. Then open the CPU by removing it's body cover.
    2. When you don't use computer for long time it might happend that your internal parts of the CPU are cover with thick layer of dust parical especially on your motherboard.This dust avoide your motherboard working properly so what you have to do is try remove all dust with clean dry cloth or use painbrush.
    3. After cleaning the CPU plug all the connectors at proper place and restart the computer.
    4. If still the beep is coming remove the RAM of your compuer from the memory slot, clean it with eraser or cloth and re-insert properly.
    5. After doing all this procedure still the problem is exits try inserting your ram in second memory slot And if agin this problem arise it means that your RAM is not working prperly And you need to replace with new one.