Thread: After a minute, my computer turns off

After a minute, my computer turns off

I am facing a problem with my computer. Earlier i had a problem, with my computer being slow after 3 to 4 hours of power on. Now, its just like it shuts down after a minute of power being turned on. Its just not working past the windows XP screen when it loads. When i try interfering in the process, by restarting it, then too its the same case. Now my processor Compaq presario 2.6GHz is a pretty old one, but i have a 512 MB RAM for it. I dunno exactly, if it is the processor or the newly installed RAM that is the problem there. Need some serious help on this guys.

Re: After a minute, my computer turns off

Well i had faced with a similar problem with my old computer. It would just refuse to work after some time, i mean took long time for anything. What i saw was that the air circulation was not prper in the cabinet. You can check if the fan is functioning properly and wether the air circulation, intake and exit is proper. Hope this will help. In case of something else, please post here.

Well i had the problem too and what happened was that i got fans put on the back side as well as the left side of the cabinet. But that was to no avail, so sent it to the techies from whom i had it made. When it came back, it had the same problem after some time. Could not get what is going wrong here.

I am still thinking that the problem is with the RAM, as i do not see any problems with the fan, which seems to work properly as it used to be earlier. moving on, i tried getting in by using the safe mode, but computer shuts down as soon as i select the safe mode. I had tried formatting and again installing the OS earlier, when i started facing this problem, but the problem is still there. Please help me finding what is going wrong with this.