Thread: Council about processors suitable for AM3 platform

Council about processors suitable for AM3 platform

Hello everyone, I need some advice between the processors listed below:

Athlon X4 II 630;
    Phenom II 720BE;
    Phenom X4 II 925;

Should be combined with a MSI 785gm-E65 mATX motherboard and 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1333MHz.

I'm putting together this pc for gaming, I was initially directed towards the Phenom X3 II 720, for the issue of overclocking, but since I never experimented with this, I would not have remorse for having saved a few dozen rupees for a printout is that then why not exploit more than ever overclock not capable of, so I wanted to get back to research.

For my budget, or between the 5k/6k, I found these three suitable who've been in my case. If you think that there are others to propose they are welcome. Another question, I am undecided whether to take an ATI HD 4770 or 4870, in a micro ATX which one has room for sufficiency?

Re: Council about processors suitable for AM3 platform

If the main game takes Phenom II x3 720. They are the best for gaming. In fact it is the quad who do not get the max for the games, the 720BE. Since it is the black edition, its really a bullshit overclocked !

For video cards should be of equal size and better like 4870!

Considering that the processors would be used maybe a couple of years, and then upgrade, not that between now and when will that future games will need a 4-core CPUs to be played at your best?

Sure to make an upgrade of a configuration like this will be enough to just change the processor, because everything based on the new AM3 platform that I hope will be a long development base for the AMD processors. Whereas the current 720BE will pay just over 5k, the problem is to spend another 5k or more in two years, my doubt is that from now when they'll change it will not be enough for games to come, and that is why I want to know right now whether to align to a 4-core, or mount the tri-core now knowing that it had no problems with power until the next upgrade.

Could you tell me the measures of 4870?

See the only thing I can tell you is that in the current situation a tricore is better than a quad core for gaming! At least at present ... There are many benchmarks confirming it .. So the choice is up to you! For the BE processors, in the future you just do a little overclocking and you would be able to play a long time, if only by replacing the vga

For dimensions should be nearly 27 cm long. Please note that the ATI HD4870 occupies two slots!

I doubt you removed any inherent processors ... now I only know if the vga has space in case ... motherboard is longer than 2 cm for the slots ... Then it is a problem because I must not connect any more. Can you advice me about the fans that would be suitable?

Big problem for the video card! For the others, do not worry so much from this point of view .. Have you any idea how many watts you have to take? Among the best brands in the fans there are the Zalman, the Cooler Master, OCZ and others that are currently I didn't remember ...