Thread: Pc Mainboard Problem

Pc Mainboard Problem

I just received a new GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard. Recently i had reinstalled Windows Xp SP2 on my machine. After reinstalling Windows Xp on my pc, all of a sudden my PC has been really doing something strange. My dvd burner don't work anymore on my machine. I turn on the PC and All that happens is that the Fans/HDD power up, and then I get one Flash of the lights on the K/B and then nothing. Is there any kind of problem with my pc mainboard? Does any body knows about it? Please help me to resolve the above issue.

Re: Pc Mainboard Problem

Bad or incompatible memory is one very serious cause of a lot of strange problems. Check your BIOS settings, see if ACPI is set for S1 or S3. Small errors, to all kinds of strange crashes, can be due to memory problems. The best tool to check if there's a problem with the memory of your system, is MemtestX86. This program tests your memory in a very smart way and will give you trustful results.

If you find any errors while checking the memory, it doesn't have to mean your memory is bad. Does Windows recognize the drive? If so, what kind of error are you getting when you try to burn? If Windows is recognizing your drive, can it read a CD or DVD? What burning software are you using? You might want to check a few things, before concluding that the memory is bad. If you can, it might be good to check your memory on an other system (prefferably with different hardware) as well, before concluding the memory itself is bad.

Seems as if the manufacturer of that unit failed to add some diodes in order to save two cents. Such might cause damage to the motherboard in worst case. If your CPU is causing troubles, this also can be due to a mainboard that isn't supplying enough power, a not-so-stable PSU (power supply unit) or a VCore (voltage on the CPU core) that is too low. Boot from a bootable cd. Set your bios to boot from cd, then put your xp or another bootable cd in the drive. If the cd boots, then you may have a driver conflict. This can be caused by many things, but more than likely is due to an older or unpatched version of either Roxio, or Nero.