Thread: Transfered cases

Transfered cases

Hi there people,

So, where to begin, ok... I have taken one of my other PC's and transferred the cases of them, took the motherboard and drives out, put it in the other one and visa versa.

The one PC works perfectly, like it always did, but the other one has a problem.
    All the pins, connectors and well, just about everything I can think of is plugged in at the correct spot, I have even tried taking out pin for pin just to see if it's a faulty cable.

So here is what happens, when I press the power button on the PC, the fans starts up for about 1 second, and then all power goes lost.
    It isn't the graphics card, ram, or any of the drives. I've even tried to reset the CMOS to no avail.

I also don't think it's the processor, but it's the only thing I haven't checked.
    But on the other side, the mainboard and cpu was bought about two months ago.

Any help on this anyone? I'm really desperate by now!
    Thanks in advance.

Re: Transfered cases

A motherboard is composed of many components and choosing one is therefore a very complicated process when compared to almost any other single part or device in the computer system. According to me , i don't think motherboard doesn't have any manual. There are two issues that require attention when choosing a motherboard:
    • The chipset, which determines the functionality, compatibility and connectivity of a motherboard.
    • The CPU support, since users typically choose a motherboard in order to support their choice of CPU, rather than the other way round (unless you are upgrading the CPU).

No, all the parts remained the same, only the actual case was changed, but according the the manual of the motherboard, all the connections are in the correct places.

Try this : Remove the motherboard from the case and place a think sponge type material at the bottom and make sure you make small holes where the screws are to be fitted. Now assemble the motherboard again. Does it work? If it does, then you motheboard has some shorting issues. That is : your motherboards bottom parts that have the silver soldering stuff, are touching the case and a short circuit is occuring. If this doesn't help, try to change the power supply with the other machine and checn the power supply with the other machine and the other machine's power supply with this machine...

I went to one of my friends at my local PC shop a few days ago when nothing worked, he said it was an "operating error". Probably what you mentioned here, but thanks, I now know what to do next time.

When an error occurs, a message pertaining to the error will be displayed in the <ProcessStatusMessage> field. The system may include a transfer error context module to couple to the context generator module, the transfer error context module operative to generate transfer error context information having the context identifier.