Thread: How much RAM usage is normal?

How much RAM usage is normal?

Hi,

I have windows Xp installed on my computer, so I want to in know How much RAM is usage is normal for windows xp systems use right after being booted, without any applications open. It'd be cool if we could collect some values from people.

Re: How much RAM is usage is normal?

If the system is running slowly or access the hard drive constantly, then you need to add more RAM as per your requirements. If you are running Windows XP, Microsoft recommends 128 MB of RAM as a minimum require. At 64 MB, you may experience frequent application problems. For fast performance with standard desktop applications, 512 MB recommended. It also depends on what software's you have installed.

Re: How much RAM usage is normal?

Most of the memory requirements are determined by the system itself, which consists of many specifications that will affect the amount needed RAM. Processor and CPU type models requires varying amounts of RAM, which can usually be found in the manufacturer's website. This requirement, however, is often very rudimentary, so its important that users consider other needs for their computer system.

Re: How much RAM usage is normal?

Under this standard, users will need the computer for simple activities of Internet access, word processing, and few other applications. If the team works as a work station, entertainment center or arcade games, you probably need more RAM than usual. Programs such as image manipulation, animation, web server, and data processing also tend to be more RAM intensive and requires the addition. Especially for games, users can consider raising its memory up to 4 GB for optimum performance.