Thread: K8MC5IG/D33007 Mobo Failure? (Emachines)

K8MC5IG/D33007 Mobo Failure? (Emachines)

So I have this Emachines W3107 desktop has a K8MC5IG/D33007 mobo Will not boot at all now as of 10/07/09 prior to this date when I would plug pwr cord in it would pwr up automaticaly for exactly four seconds then shut down.
    this all started one morning I woke up triied to check yahoo weather and it was unresponcesive (comp was on all night) I tried to shut down via start menu to no prevail tried cntrl alt del no responce waited one hour still no so I unplugged from ac outlet ten min later plugged back in and all it would do is start boot for four seconds and shut down (no beeps). I removed ALL hrdw one at a time and prwed up after each step no change then reversed my actions the same way and tried a "known" working pwr supply double chked all connections tried other ide ribbons boot dsk won't work as system is not on long enough to open cd-rom tried resetting cmos no prevail. Yesterday I tried to blow all the dust off (lots and lots of dust) with compressed air now just flickers household lights slightly when pwr cord is plugged in pwr button does nothing I ohmed pwr button 1.3 ohms. OUT OF IDEAS If any one can help I would be exstaticly happy and thankful as I always loved my W3107

Thanks from R Thunder

Re: K8MC5IG/D33007 Mobo Failure? (Emachines)

Reading your problem I can think of the PSU.
    It must be the bad Power Supply Unit. (SMPS). I think its time to get new SMPS or your system.
    Just check if your system works with your friends SMPS attached to your system.

Thanks CHAMPAK I did try a "known working" psu but did not change any thing same symptoms end result is no diffrent. Could it be a bad cpu?

Bad CPU case happens once in 500. It could possibly be a bad memory or a bad motherboard... The processor is fine, if it were bad, the CPU won't power up even if you press power button...