Thread: Amd dual-core optimizer version 1.1.4 Will work or Not

Amd dual-core optimizer version 1.1.4 Will work or Not

I had no problem with my AMD X2 4200 +g, but i just wanted to update the drivers for more performance. so I just installed new drivers amd dual core optimizer 1.0. To my surprise, my pc displays a blue screen every now and them , And I have to go through safe mode with network support On some forums to discussed my problem , so can you tell me how to solve these problem , does installing the Amd dual-core optimizer version 1.1.4 will solve my problem or make it worse

Re: Amd dual-core optimizer version 1.1.4 Will work or Not

nothing is Better than trying it for Yourself , you can try to install the amd dual-core optimizer version 1.1.4 and Check for youself , it solve or make it worse , AMD Dual-Core Optimizer can help you improve your gaming performance on your PC.

here is the solution. you have to uninstall the Amd dual-core optimizer version 1.0 and install the Amd dual-core optimizer version 1.1.4 to solve these problem ,
    1. Start in Safe Mode and follow the step below.
    2. Start ---> Control Panel ---> System ---> Hardware ---> Device Manager.
    3. Open the system Device tab (small cross on the left )---> Double click on AMD Special Tools Driver (a window).
    4. In the General tab of this window, check Do not use this device (disable) option at the bottom of the window and then click OK.
    5. AMD Special Tools Driver must be crossed by a red cross, now you can restart in normal mode.
    6. Once rebooted in normal mode ---> Control Panel ---> Add / Remove Programs ---> Delete AMD Dual Core Optimizer.

This utility Called as Amd Dual-Core Optimizer installed a specific driver appointed himself as "Special Driver Tools". This utility also modifies the boot.ini file system used to provide information booting Windows. In the file boot.ini the usepmtimer parameter "is added at the end of the line as below.

[boot loader]
    timeout = 30
    default = multi (0) disk (0) rdisk (0) partition (1) \ WINDOWS
    [operating systems]
    multi (0) disk (0) rdisk (0) partition (1) \ WINDOWS = "Microsoft Windows XP Professional" / noexecute = optin / fastdetect / usepmtimer
    You're probably wondering what is the use of this Amd Dual-Core Optimizer utility . It can simply correct the well known problem related to the Athlon 64 X2 that occurs with some software and especially with certain video games. Indeed, counting the number of cycles performed by the CPU which can have different interests, some games have been programmed to use the basic functionality of Read Time Stamp Counter (RDTSC) instead of going through the functions provided by standard Windows. The problem is that the function RDTSC is now more able to accurately measure the number of CPU cycles, especially when using the features of saving energy and also with processors equipped with multiple cores as Athlon 64 X2 which in contrast is very well managed through the operating system. This leads to many problems of synchronization in these applications can not work then or at least in very bad conditions (bugs, performance execrable ...).