Thread: What is the maximum amount of memory banks on your motherboard that can accommodate on Dell computers

What is the maximum amount of memory banks on your motherboard that can accommodate on Dell computers

I have a Dell computer on which i'm running Windows Xp as my operating system. It has a 256MB RAM in it. I would like to know that what is the maximum amount of memory banks on your motherboard that can accommodate on Dell computers? Does any body knows about it? Kindly provide me the correct information on the above issue. Would be grateful to you if any body provides me the correct information on the above issue.

Re: What is the maximum amount of memory banks on your motherboard that can accommodate on Dell computers

The amount of Random Access Memory (RAM) required very much depends on the number and type of applications that you run on your trading computer system. Do you have a slot where you can add another stick? For that you need to check out your manual or can also visit Dell website for the specifications as to how much additional memory you can add on your particular system.

Re: What is the maximum amount of memory banks on your motherboard that can accommodate on Dell computers

Generally, computers use memory banking techniques that require the cards installed be the same size and speed. The command rate specifies how many consecutive clock cycles need to be sent to the memory modules before the modules can send data. Better computers interleave the memory banks which improve computer performance. Because wires often have natural capacitance on them, sometimes it takes longer for a wire to transition from a 1 to a 0.

Most computers have either 2 or 4 slots for memory. If there are two slots, there usually are two banks and performance is maximized when both slots are filled. You can mix DIMM sizes and install them in any order in the memory banks, leaving a bank unoccupied if necessary. It is recommended that you fill the sockets in order starting with Bank 0, but it is not a requirement. If there are 4 slots, there are two banks of 2 cards each and computer performance is maximized if all 4 slots are filled.

Adalyclak Guest

Looking for a cheap way to market my new business

I'm looking to locate a new source to provide a promotional item for the company I just formed. I've given some thought to hats and also lapel pins as a means to promote my new product. I was seeking advice from anyone who has used a company that manufactures these types of products and might have some information about what works and what doesn't.