Thread: Organic Pin Grid Array

Organic Pin Grid Array

I am a beginner in learning of hardware & has just trying to learn lot of things on it.... I am stuck around here with something called Organic Pin Grid Array.... Actually i searched a lot of things on Google but can't find any technical knowledge.... Google gave me all body knowledge about it.... Is there anyone know about it.... In Computers....??? Please Help....!

Re: Organic Pin Grid Array

OPGA (Organic Pin Grid Array) -- AMD to change of ceramics of organic substrates to lodge the nucleus of the processor Athlon XP. The organic substrate is generally of some type of fiber glass or draws resin from, and offers minor impedance, one more a more lasting surface and smaller production costs majors that the Athlon/ceramic Duron package. The last one easily is differentiated by its gray-blue color, in comparison with the green coffee or of the organic package.

On the other hand, Intel has used organic packaging from Pentium III, although to Celerons principles used plastic package. Each of these materials serves an intention, since the low speed of the Celeron does not require something more robust than PPGA, whereas Athlon XP is the nucleus more lifted speeds of dictation of a packaged organic change.

Organic Pin Grid Array (OPGA) :
    OPGA is the type of package used in Athlon XP microprocessor. It is cheaper, thinner and lighter than the package of used ceramics AMD previously, since it is of fiber glass. Also it reduces the electrical impedance.

The organic matrix of grid pins is a type of pin of Array grid (PGA). The PGA is a methodology for the packing of integrated circuits (IC). In the first network of pins connection pins they are located in the part inferior in concentric squared.

Organic in the first network of pins, silicon to die is connected to a plastic plate of an organic one that is crossed by a series of pins that make the connection to the taking necessary of current. A popular type of CPU that uses the OPGA is the AMD Athlon XP.