Thread: Motherboard spdif connector for video card

Motherboard spdif connector for video card

hi
    i am interested to connect my PC to a hi-definition home theater system.so please help me to make connection also tell me the way to connect the SPDIF out to graphics card ? i am not computer expert so please help with easy way.
    thank you

Re: Motherboard spdif connector for video card

Make sure you are having video card with HDMI out. Because spdif is use in order to use the audio with the HDMI, as HDMI can carry both audio and video so you have to connect a two wire spdif line on the card to the spdif connector on the motherboard. so find find spdif audio pin and make connection between motherboard and video card for HDMI out .

This needs to connect the output from two cables which is audio source that can fit in to S/PDIF connector jack. But first check for motherboard that does it have the pinout for S/PDIF, else you need to use the RCA plug but again this is for coax type S/PDIF output and mostly latest motherboard has OPTICAL output only. So you will required Toslink Optical to Coaxial (S/PDIF) Converter.

The spdif connector output can be of type Coaxial (RCA) or optical.so you have to choose according to your motherboard support also main thing make sure your hidefination device also supports this HDMI input else that all not going to work.

i am using intel desktopboard DG41RQ motherboard with spdif slot and creative sound blaster live sound card which is also having spdif slot. how to use spdif mode. because whenever i tried to check option spdif only on my creative mixer no sound is coming from my speakers. how to enable spdif in my computer. please guide me.

The SPDIF output is a digital audio output. SPDIF (Sony/Philips Digital Interconnect Format) is a digital audio interface. It would be used to feed stereo audio to an outboard Digital to Analog converter for better quality than your audio board. It will also feed the Dolby Digital or DTS audio from DVDs or video files to a home theater system to be decoded there. It cannot be used with headphones directly. For that you need to follow the below steps mention.
    • Click the Start menu button.
    • Click the triangle icon in the lower right of the Start menu.
    • Choose the Sleep command from the Shutdown menu.