Thread: Is Sandy Bridge cpus' are 2nd generation of i series cpu's

Is Sandy Bridge cpus' are 2nd generation of i series cpu's

I just want to know that does Sandy Bridge will take up the position of second generation. I found that today Intel Cor i3 processors are quiet a great hit in the market and the price for the same is also awesome. I had found that due to some bugs this cpu is out in the market and will take some time to gain importance back again. What you think for the same. And also which processor comes in the similar competition for the same.

Re: Is Sandy Bridge cpus' are 2nd generation of i series cpu's

There was a issue with the Sandy Bridge cpus. Many of had a very strong negative impact on the sales from this platform early this year. To recall, there was a bug in the cpu which has caused after disabling SATA II leaving the other two functional format SATA III. The impact was not so great because the bug did not affect computers that do not need more than two SATA ports, the laptop manufacturers have nevertheless started to sell mobile machines equipped with this interface.

There was not much news on the bug of the same. I heard that Intel has revert backed a large quantity of Sandy Bridge processors and also provided replacement for the current ones. Apple is certainly the only one who managed to pull out of the game by getting an early Intel Chipset redacted from this bug. They even proved by wiring the Superdrive with SATA SATA II rather than III. So that this were the competitors winover in the market.

The P67 is indeed capable of handling multi-GPU solutions through 16 lines that can divide into two groups of 8 lines, which is impossible for the H67.This allows to take full advantage of the integrated graphics processors of the Sandy Bridge generation via two video outputs. As we already mentioned, the DisplayPort 1.2 and HDMI 1.4 are fully supported. Other differences are also present, but they are less important: note the support of Intel's overclocking software Extreme Tuning Utilty (XTU).

There is a another comparison to the same. You can go for Fusion for an less buggy solution. Both the processors Sandy Bridge and Fusion essentially have much in common, but there are important differences between the two micro architectures that in this case, favor AMD. The most important thing is that both implementations represent real integration between the CPU and GPU. The connection with the processor is always a negative impact by a 20 Gbps link DMI. Intel also announced that the DMI 2 is already supported.

Intel also optimized the use of its chip is much less support than an i5 760 (2.80 GHz), despite higher operating frequency of the i5 Core 2400 (3.1 GHz). This is partly due to the manufacturing process, the Lynfield being etched into 45 nm against 32 nm for the Sandy Bridge. Intel will provide further details on the architecture during the IDF and still improve performance by enabling some missing features which is still unknown to maximum users .