Thread: Replacing Motherboard

Replacing Motherboard

I have said that I need a new motherboard and is being replaced shortly. i had a question on about it that weather this will wipe out my hardisk on replacement. How to replace motherboard by my self...????

Re: Replacing Motherboard

How to Replace the MotherBoard ???

1. It disconnects all the power plants to its computer, and to retire the housing of its computer. To leave of side all the screws and small pieces in a bowl so that nothing is lost.
    2. It retires all the connectors of the motherboard. This can be the video card, cables of data of hard disks and adapters. Label before extracting each of them so that you can remember exactly where they are going to enclose to his new plate motherboard.
    3. Serve with taken care of the old motherboard by means of the elimination of the screws and sliding towards outside. There is little of general cleaning in the sides of the motherboard, reason why it is careful when retiring it so that nothing is broken. To compare new and the old ones to make sure that the motherboards to the same. If the new plate mother has reduced of integrated exit of game sound or the ports, ponche of the holes for cables can fit through them. It does this with well-taken care of with a Phillips screwdriver of head or pliers.
    4. It places the new plate mother in the case. To verify to make sure correctly that the lines in the housing of the computer before connecting the same. It uses the seven screws that include the installation of the motherboard.
    5. It connects the adapters, connectors of feeding and units of the new motherboard. It looks for the label in which all the previous one, and to install in the same place. It places the box of the equipment and to return the power supply as well again. If the computer does not start correctly, eliminates the case and of verifying to make sure that all the adapters, units of feeding and the cables they are in the correct position and surely stricter.

I have got the direct solution from the Microsoft & is wonderful example for it... I think this is what you where looking for.... I have given the link below... To find the solution just go to the link...!

How to replace the motherboard on a computer that is running Windows Server 2003, Windows XP, or Windows 2000

If the same plate is the same exactly motherboard, no, it is not going to end all the data. If is a motherboard, Windows can have a problem because the starting of the motherboard is different, in which case you you can be that it needs to return to install again in the windows so that works again. But you can be safe with the option that finishes of reinstates windows and not to change its data when it becomes to install the windows. What we do not want to do is to use "format" option to erase all this. I hope that this aid.

There are some similar threads found same that theirs the problem that I have is the connection… Only if the solution to its problem is there…. I hope that it finds its solution….

http://forums.techarena.in/windows-x...rt/1232995.htm
    replacing a dell laptop motherboard
    Experiencing problem while Replacing motherboard components