Thread: Motherboard BIOS set up

Motherboard BIOS set up

Hello everybody,

I have an AMD Athlon XP 3000+ Barton computer with motherboard NF7 Sv2 .I have ABIT NF7 Sv2 to be installed on a new case and I curious to know if I can install it without breaking the BIOS setup from the manufacturer and allow the motherboard recognize all the components automatically into the default settings or I really need to update the BIOS.I am building this computer to be able to play the latest games like HL2 etc.

expecting message back
    anyway thanks..!!

Re: Motherboard BIOS set up

Yes, you can. I've done the installing new Windows without flashing to a new BIOS (is that what you meant, right?) on Abit NF7-S (rev2.0) and Barton 2500+. I made my first build quite simply and I had basic computer knowledge, like installing a video card, grounding yourself before touching anything inside of your PC so not to cause static power and connecting cables to the back of the PC. So yes it's easy to install a motherboard without too much risk of messing crap up? Though it didn't boot up the first time,here I looked up what I did wrong, and found out I needed to mount the motherboard to these little stands that screw onto the case and go underneath the motherboard and the motherboard screws into these little stands.

I guess you can install it and allow it auto detect. I have the same motherboard. I suggest going into the bios and turning off the AGP fastwrites and disabling the SATA controller if your hard drive is not SATA, it just helps the system boot up a little faster.

May be you can avoid the F6 option for special driver installs while windows setup if you don't need to use sata or raid for your hard drive.In order to get into the bios when you first post, your computer request make use of F1. Use the "del" key if you don't see any messages during post. The bios screen is blue, with about a dozen sections. Use the "integrated peripherals" section to disable sata. Use "advanced chipset features" to disable fast writes. Some bios' don't even list out this. I strongly suggest you to go through the motherboard manual cover to cover prior to adjusting the bios.