Thread: Amd turion vs. Intel Centrino

Amd turion vs. Intel Centrino

Hi friends,

I am planning to buy new laptop and my basic use would be office use and in weekends i will like to play games on it after asking to my friends they suggest me to go with Compaq Presario, but over here i am confused with which processor should i go for should i buy a laptop with Intel centrino in or AMD Turion. Please suggest me and provide me some information about this processor.

Amd turion

I would suggest you to go with AMD Turion because it has Enhanced Memory and Processing, it has also got long battery life with performance on demand. Enhanced AMD PowerNow! Technology dynamically switches performance states (processor core voltage and operating frequency) based on processor performance requirements enabling today's more mobile and demanding PC user to extend battery life. At the same time you can take advantage of today's powerful applications in a power-efficient notebook PC with the forward-thinking technology to support the advanced applications of the future. Take comfort in security innovations such as Enhanced Virus Protection.

Intel Centrino processor

Instead of going with AMD i would recommend you to go with Intel Centrino because it is very good in system performance, battery life, power savings, high-definition quality, video playback and functionality, and wireless performance and functionality will vary depending on your specific operating system, hardware, chipset, connection availability and rate, site conditions, and software configurations. And with Intel Centrino 2 processor technology, you'll make quick work of the toughest computing tasks like HD video encoding

Amd turion vs. Intel Centrino

If you really want to know which is the best processor then Comparing an AMD64 to a Dual-Core Intel is a larger difference then you can compare a Turion 64 to a Pentium M because intel has outstanding dual-core performance, enhanced maintenance and management capabilities, and proactive security in an open LAN and according to me if a processor can handle 64bit data streams doesn't mean it's better for handling 32bit data streams, the most important part is how does it handle them and according to me it's really worse as compare to Turion 64 against a similar speed running Excel scripts with embedded VB.