Thread: AMD is better than Intel?

AMD is better than Intel?

Hello all,

I hope some users are here who have switched to AMD from Intel based processors.So this question mainly goes to you guys.Are you satisfied or you regretting?.What problems in common have you learned that either kept you with AMD or caused you to switch back. I currently see Intel as making changes just to make some more money.So Guys put your opinion here

thanks.......

Re: AMD is better than Intel?

This is actually a big arguing topic,since AMD's offering has been lacking as of late, but still depends on what you want / whichever you like better. I'm personally an Intel person, never ran a machine with anything but.I've played with both Intel and AMD processors. Both are fine to use and do what they are supposed to. As far as which is better, that's an individual choice. Amd is cheaper than Intel. As far as Intel trying to make money off their new chipsets, that's the name of the game dude.

Hi there, I would personalty think that the Pentium can make a faster system than an AMD since it reaches such a high clock speed.But the Athlon does outperform the P4 clock for clock for the most part... It's just AMD does not really have anything to match a 3.06GHz P4 with HT in my opinion... Also, the P4 has higher memory speeds, which result in better performance overall.Athlon XP vs. 3.06GHz P4 Intel is the speed king here, but is a bad value. I'd still choose an AMD in this case because of the flaunting pricing of the P4, but those who want the absolute best system

Depends on what are you looking for. If you want to play high end games you should go with Intel. I had a old computer with Intel Celeron 2.4 GHz, which was slow and "Tired". But i will not blame it all on the processor since i has 512 RAm. However AMD is more budget friendly and I'm a AMD user for almost 6 years now and never had any bugs with them; I'm very satisfied with AMD.AMD and Intel are both great companies. If AMD and INTEL worked together on a Six-Core processor, than it would be great. They just need to know how

AMD quad core procesor cost like intel dual core. if you plan to play games choose AMD it's cheeper, and I belive better, for office use intel is more stable, but costs more. If you want AMD then I suggests a Athlon X2 6000+ or 7750+, same clock speed as core2duo e7400 but more cache memory and cost 40% less.