Thread: Motherboards that support 8GB RAM

Motherboards that support 8GB RAM

I am planning to buy new computer for my home and i want to know that is there any motherboard for PC that support 8GB RAM , because i am planning to get AMD Athlon64 X2 4800+ very soon and I want to know if there are any 8GB motherboards and i know that 64-bit CPUs break the 4GB barrier to 8GB right and i am still not able to find any motherboard that support 8GB RAM . Can anyone help me out ?

No you can use Super Micro Supermicro X7SBA Motherboard which supports 8GB RAM and at the same time it's also compatibility with a particular processor is determined by the chipset used on the board, it is still important to check the motherboard's actual compatible processors. Some versions of actual graphics processors, mounted on the motherboard with built-in video RAM, which can give decent performance.

Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P ATX Mainboard support 8GB RAM

If you want to have a motherboard which support 8gb ram then i would recommend you to go with Gigabyte motherboard because they support more then 8gb RAM and try to go for Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P ATX Mainboard which has Ultra Durable 3 technology featuring a 2 oz copper PCB to help reduce system temperature and dramatically enhance performance. The GA-EP45-UD3P boasts dual PCI Express 2.0 VGA card slots for ATI CrossFireX support with ultra smooth 3D rendering and blazingly-fast frame rates.

Nowadays there are many motherboard which support more then 8gb RAM but they also have some issue like

Does 8GB of DDR2 RAM slow performance?
    Gigabyte Motherboard won't post with 8gb Ram
    8GB ram is useful or not ?

ThumbsUp Re: Motherboards that support 8GB RAM

Quote Originally Posted by Clark View Post
    No you can use Super Micro Supermicro X7SBA Motherboard which supports 8GB RAM and at the same time it's also compatibility with a particular processor is determined by the chipset used on the board, it is still important to check the motherboard's actual compatible processors. Some versions of actual graphics processors, mounted on the motherboard with built-in video RAM, which can give decent performance.
    please send a quote for the above mentiontioned motherboard

Re: Motherboards that support 8GB RAM

Quote Originally Posted by anbumani View Post
    please send a quote for the above mentiontioned motherboard
    The Super Micro Supermicro X7SBA Motherboard will come at a price range of in between $209.52 - $235.11 that supports Xeon, Core 2 Quad, Core 2 Duo processors. You can try ebay or some other shopping website to get it at a cheaper or discount rate but before purchasing from such sites always check the user ratings for those.

davy Guest

Re: Motherboards that support 8GB RAM

The Revolution is a beast. If you're willing to drop the dough on it, I doubt you'll find a better motherboard. It's the only board that has true 3 way SLI/CrossFire at 16x/16x/16x (has an extra Southbridge to provide the additional lanes). Let us know what you go with : )