Thread: Pentium M vs Core Duo

Pentium M vs Core Duo

I'm planning to buy a new pc, for that i would like to know that which is the best among Pentium M and Core Duo. Can someone advise if the Core Duo 2.0 is faster than the Pentium M 2.6? Does any body knows which one is the best one? Kindly provide me the correct information on the above issue. Would be grateful to you if any body provides me the correct information on the above issue.

Re: Pentium M vs Core Duo

Each core is going to be faster than your Pentium M. For most gaming or spread sheet work, though, you are only going to be using one core at a time. Hardly any programs use two cores, so you will only need the two if you are using lots of CPU intensive applications. Like ripping a CD and encoding a DVD at the same time.

The Pentium M brand refers to two single-core 32-bit x86 microprocessors, whereas the Pentium M–branded processors had a maximum power consumption. I would go with the Core Duo anyways, as its dual core. I would have to say to stay away from them because they are, in my opinion, worse than the Pentium M and more closely related to the Celeron M line than anything.

The Pentium M represented a new and radical departure for Intel, as it was not a low-power version of the desktop-oriented Pentium 4. The Core 2 Duo is by far the best I have ever seen in terms of performance. Core 2 duo requires that you install Microsoft's hotfix for Windows XP if that is the OS you are using on your pc.