Thread: ASUS P5k Deluxe motherboard raid setup

ASUS P5k Deluxe motherboard raid setup

I have an ASUS P5k Deluxe motherboard with two 250GB drives along with Windows Vista in RAID 0. I would like to make a nice RAID 0 setup and would like to know if it is possible to retain all my current settings and spread it across both disks whenever i plug it in. Does any body knows about it? Kindly provide me the correct solution for the above issue. Any kind of help on the above issue would be appreciated.

Re: ASUS P5k Deluxe motherboard raid setup

The P5K3/P5K series of motherboards provide four outstanding features for the user. The board has a non-RAID Southbridge (ICH9). You'd connect your non-RAID boot drive to that. The RAID support is via JMB363, a separate chip. The Deluxe version of the motherboard has built-in native DDR2 1066 support and is able to overclock with an ultra high frequency to achieve DDR2 1400.

However if I move my second hard drive to the SATA_E2 connector then during post I get the CTRL J prompt, and I can enter the Jmicron RAID Bios setup OK. For taht you need to install windows on a separate drive then enable raid and connect the 2 other drives and see if they are recognized in windows make sure to install intel matrix storage manager on your system.

The RAID capability on this motherboard only exists between the external eSATA connector on the back of the motherboard and the internal SATA_E2 connector, both of which are connected to the JMicron chip. The JMB363 would have its own driver, and support RAID1 mirror. You could connect an external drive, do Rebuild Mirror, and that would copy the disk connected to the internal JMB363 SATA connector. If you want to boot from a RAID 0 on this motherboard, I suggest a dedicated PCI or PCIe x1 RAID card. It would be a share like any other in Windows, so you can share the volume created on the RAID1, with your other computers. The only limit, would be the limit imposed by the OS installed on the P5K, as to how many computers can simultaneously connect to the same share.