Thread: Does fluctuations in voltage causes virtual memory loss

Does fluctuations in voltage causes virtual memory loss

I am getting "virtual memory is too low" messages now a days whenever I try to play any game or do my office work. I was trying all the possible solutions to fix this problem but unable to fix this yet. I was just remembering how and when this problem arised and all the things that I have done. I remembered that I there was some power fluctuations on last week and since then I started facing some or the other problems. Does fluctuations in voltage causes virtual memory loss? Please help!

Re: Does fluctuations in voltage causes virtual memory loss

Open Windows "Task Manager" and go to "Performance" tab. How much is the RAM usage in the physical memory? If it is more than 50% then you need to upgrade your RAM or install some more GB's of RAM. If it is less than that then you can try increasing the Physical memory. Go to Desktop, right click on My Computer, Properties, then Advance tab. Go to Performance settings, then Advance tab, Virtual Memory change. Set the max value for the drive to half of the RAM.

Go to Start - All Programs - Accessories - System Tools - Disk Defragmenter. Now run the defragment operation to defragment your hard drive for all the drives. This will free up your hard drive and will allow you to use your hard drive to its maximum.

Virtual Memory is always in use, even when the memory required by all running processes does not exceed the amount of RAM installed on the system. It should be always greater than the installed RAM because you never know which process is using it and when. You can also free up your hard drive by deleting temporary files and histories.