Thread: Amd Vs Intel

Amd Vs Intel

I am looking for buying new computer for my son but i am bit of confused between the two company processors... I have selected two processors one is AMD Athalon & second is Intel Core2Dual... Can anyone tell me what to buy??? Please Help...!

Re: Amd Vs Intel

Actually it depends on for what you are buying for. I mean for what purpose you want to buy I think you are buying the computer for your son & it might be used mostly for mailing & gaming purpose... So look at the specification of both the products & decide by your self...! Because taking suggestion from others may not be helpful as some might never used one of the processor. I mean if the person is using Core2Duo then that person have never used the AMD one...!

Amd Athalon Guest

AMD Athlon Processor for Desktop

Simultaneous 32-bit and 64-bit computing

Get powerful performance for your unique digital experience. It's not just about email, Web browsing and word processing anymore. The AMD Athlon processor gives you leading performance to go wherever your digital world takes you.

Features & Benefits :

• Enhanced Virus Protection* with Windows XP Service Pack 2
    • Industry-leading performance for today's software
    • Ready for the 64-bit future
    • Protect investments with a technically superior PC processor
    • Purchase with confidence

Specification :

The AMD64 core provides leading-edge performance for both 32-bit and 64-bit applications :

• AMD64 technology provides full-speed support for x86 code base without compromising performance
    • 40-bit physical addresses, 48-bit virtual addresses
    • Sixteen 64-bit integer registers
    • Sixteen 128-bit SSE/SSE2/SSE3 registers
    • AMD Digital Media XPress provides support for SSE, SSE2, SSE3 and MMX instructions

A high-bandwidth, low-latency integrated DDR memory controller :

• Supports PC-3200 (DDR-400), PC-2700 (DDR-333), PC-2100 (DDR-266) or PC-1600 (DDR-1600) SDRAM unbuffered DIMMs (socket 939); supports PC2-5300 (DDR2-667), PC2-4200 (DDR2-533) or PC2-3200 (DDR2-400) SDRAM unbuffered DIMMs (socket AM2)
    • Support for 64-bit DDR (socket 939) or DDR2 (socket AM2) SDRAM memory
    • Up to 6.4GB/s (socket 939) or 10.6GB/s (socket AM2) memory bandwidth

HyperTransport Technology for high speed I/O communication :

• One 16-bit link up to 2000MHz bidirectional
    • Up to 8GB/s HyperTransport I/O bandwidth
    • Up to 14.4GB/s (socket 939) or 18.6GB/s (socket AM2) total delivered processor-to-system bandwidth (HyperTransport bus + memory bus)

Large high performance on-chip cache :

• 64KB Level 1 instruction cache
    • 64KB Level 1 data cache
    • Up to 1MB (socket 939) or 512KB (socket AM2) Level 2 cache

Intel Core2 Duo Processor

Investing in new PCs with Intel Core2 processor family can mean big savings for your business. Delivering faster performance, greater energy efficiency, and more responsive multitasking, desktop PCs with Intel Core2 processor family can help your whole company be more productive.

By combining breakthrough processing speeds with advanced power saving features, desktop PCs with Intel Core2 processor family let you get more done in less time than ever before reducing energy costs by an average of 50 percent. Processors built with Intel's unique 45nm technology offer excellent performance as well as unique energy-saving features that help PCs meet ENERGY STAR requirements. That means reduced power consumption for desktop PCs and lower energy costs for your company.

Features and benefits

• Get the best overall performance with Intel Core2 Duo processor you'll get an arsenal of performance-rich technologies, including up to 6MB of shared L2 cache and up to 1333 MHz Front Side Bus.

• Enjoy 3X faster multitasking performance with multi-core processing combines two independent processor cores in one physical package. Processors run at the same frequency and share up to 6MB of L2 cache and up to 1333 MHZ Front Side Bus for truly parallel computing with over.

• Improve execution time and energy efficiency with more instructions per clock cycle enabled by Intel Wide Dynamic Execution.

• Get smarter, more energy-efficient performance enabled by Intel Intelligent Power Capability.

• Improve system performance enabled by Intel Smart Memory Access, optimizing the use of the available data bandwidth.

• Get higher-performance, more efficient cache subsystem enabled by Intel Advanced Smart Cache, optimized for multi-core and dual-core processors.

• Accelerate a broad range of applications, , including video, speech and image, photo processing, encryption, financial, engineering and scientific applications, enabled by Intel Advanced Digital Media Boost.

Specification