Thread: Help in PC Upgrade

question Help in PC Upgrade

I have an Old AMD sempron 1GHz PC which i am planning to upgrade for obvious reasons

As you can see how outdated processor i am using, i need to replace few other components as well. so i need your expert guidance for this

Requirement:
    Browsing,Word Processing(ppt,xls,doc),Photos,Music, Editing Home Video(Transfer using Firewire and edit using ulead) and ocasional Gaming.

I have been Managing all this on my existing setup somehow all these days but fed up with the speed and at times hangs and restarts

I want to reuse whatever bits and pieces i can from my existing system to save cost

I am setting a target of 12000Rs as of now and willing to stretch slightly if i can justify the spending.

I could think of something like this:

Processor 4500 AMD Phenom x3 ?
    Motherboard+Chipset 3000 Suggest plz
    DVD R/W 1200
    HD 320GB + 2500
    DDR3 RAM 2G+ 1800 Can i push for 3G ?

Price can vary between these components as long as the total is under my budget.

I am looking for a configuration that will make this PC work with Vista or Windows7(which are known for performance issues) when i upgrade later and plan to keep this for 3-4 Years(Current config is almost 4-5 years old) I want to have room for further upgrades(say Processor without touching motherboard etc)

Since i am not in pace with the technical advancements, it would be great if you can refer the keywords such as name and model so that i can make sure i get what i am paying for

Do i need anything else here ? Is Graphics card useful for my kind of usage?
    Last edited by rajshenoy; 24-07-2009 at 04:02 PM.

Re: Help in PC Upgrade

I would suggest that you go for intel processors. You can go for Quad Core Processors and Rampage II motherboard by Asus. And a graphic card of your choice...

You can go with the specification you have worked upon according to your budget. Why don't you go for Intel processors? like quad core? & Intel motherboard or ASUS? Gigabyte is also better at the cost.
    What do you mean by Occasional gaming? & editing home videos?
    Ulead MediaStudio Pro
    System Requirements
    I hope you can see the requirements if you really want to do such editing work with that software. IMO you can run the software without any problem

I don't think you need a Graphic Card but having a graphic card with dedicated memory always counts.
    All the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlo View Post
    You can go with the specification you have worked upon according to your budget. Why don't you go for Intel processors? like quad core? & Intel motherboard or ASUS? Gigabyte is also better at the cost.
    What do you mean by Occasional gaming? & editing home videos?
    Ulead MediaStudio Pro
    System Requirements
    I hope you can see the requirements if you really want to do such editing work with that software. IMO you can run the software without any problem

I don't think you need a Graphic Card but having a graphic card with dedicated memory always counts.
    All the best.
    The only reason i rulled out intel is due to the cost. Will Intel quadcore+motherboard workout in my budget ? remember i also need RAM,HD and DVD W in my budget

Quote Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
    The only reason i rulled out intel is due to the cost. Will Intel quadcore+motherboard workout in my budget ? remember i also need RAM,HD and DVD W in my budget
    Instead of wasting your money on AMD i would suggest you to wait for some time and collect some amount so that you can go with Intel Processors. I have personal experience not twice but thrice and the reult was always disappointing... But the choice is yours...