Thread: Protect your PC from Power surge

jimmysharma41 Guest

Protect your PC from Power surge

Hey guys, i have got new PC with power of ASUS P5KPL-AM/PS motherboard which has unique feature i.e. Anti - surge technology.

Config:
    Motherboard= ASUS P5KPL-AM/PS
    CPU = Pentium C2D E8400
    RAM = 2GB Kingston
    HDD = 500GB Seagate
    Power supply= 450Watts intex

Anti-surge is is specially designed for SMPS (powe supply unit)which is a secondary monitoring IC for voltage detecting. it can provide a reliable power supply environment for you and protect the motherboard when power supply is in short circuit or over/under voltage.

Re: Protect your PC from Power surge

Safeguard Your PC from Power Surges for Worry-Free Computing

Power fluctuations which are a matter of grave concern will no longer trouble Indian PC users as ASUS P5KPL-AM/PS motherboard is backed by a helpful Power Stabilizer (PS) technology that provides protection against power surges or unstable power fluctuations.

Power fluctuations and power storms pose dire threats to PC systems of users who experience them frequently. In the event of such power fluctuations the ASUS P5KPL-AM/PS with the help of the unique Power Stabilizer technology protects itself by switching-off the unstable power supply. Users can now rest assured that their motherboard and CPU are always protected against incidental power fluctuations.

The ASUS P5KPL-AM/PS also features support for the new Intel 45nm CPUs and FSB 1600 for excellent operational performance. It is also equipped with a 5000hrs VRM design based on 100% high quality Japan-made conductive polymer solid capacitors. With these high quality components, users will be able to attain higher power efficiency, better stability and lower temperatures to obtain the best over-clocking results and enjoy longer component lifespan

Source: asusproducts.wordpress

How useful is this?? You have a spike buster then a UPS and finally a SMPS. Do u need it on a motherboard as well after all these?? Its OK if we have power fluctuations in India but one cannot be paranoid about it.

jimmysharma41 Guest

Good point AMD, but do you think people all over are using spike guards?? Its a great mobo for home users as they can plug it into the PC and let it handle the fluctuations...

md39costa Guest

Good News!! Check below site, ASUS offers burn Warranty for P5KPL-AM/PS board in India.
    Last edited by Yogesh; 25-05-2009 at 02:16 PM. Reason: External link removed.

Hi All,

I am using this motherboard & its working fine. Earlier when i am using HIS motherboard i was facing problem due to voltage fluctuation in my area, but now i am not facing such problem with this new motherboard its working fine from last 2 months without any failure.