Thread: Comparison between AMD quad core v/s Intel quad core

Comparison between AMD quad core v/s Intel quad core

I wanted to upgrade my processor to quad core level, but the confusion is that should i go for Intel quad core or AMD quad core, my requirement is that, i will use this processor for server level configuration and the high end games and this processor would be running most of the time, so please suggest me which option would be better as per my requirement.

Re: Comparison between AMD quad core v/s Intel quad core

The AMD coming out with the feature of 4 unique chips on a single die which promises even better performance. An Intel quad-core CPU manufactured on a 45 nanometer (nm) process. If you consider that the original Pentium processor, which ran at 66MHz (and that was the high-end model), was built using an 800nm process, with a measly 3.1 million transistors—well, you get the idea. You will use 4 cores if you run any app that uses at least 2 cores.

If you're running a multithreaded OS such as XP or Vista, anything else you're doing will be off loaded on to the free cores. I.E. if you're running a game that uses only two cores, those two cores can be dedicated to the game while the other two cores are dedicated to the OS. The Phenom X4 9850 Black Edition and Core 2 Quad Q9300 are capable products and faster than the generations preceding them. Intel CPUs have more than just overclocking going for them. They have efficiency, less power usage, more speed/watt, faster clock-for-clock, at STOCK SPEEDS than any AMD chip at this moment.With these chips you knew which one was better then the got into Pentium D and extreme edition and gold edition and no one had any idea which of the chips was the best one to buy. While the overclocking potential for Intel chips are a lot higher, if you don't plan on overclocking, you will still have a nice lead on AMD in most circumstances.

Intel is likely to fire first, if it feels pressure from AMD. "Intel has a lot of flexibility," AMD processor architecture runs both 32-bit and 64-bit applications simultaneously. AMD64 processors were built from the ground up to support emerging 64-bit applications, so now you can Run the existing x86 32-bit applications with great performance. The only good deal QUAD in intel is Q6600 model and to AMD all Phenoms are good priced I think.