Thread: Got error 4251 when trying to burn a disc in itunes?

Got error 4251 when trying to burn a disc in itunes?

Hi,

I am tring to find out the cause of this Error 4251 when I try to burn a CD or DVD with itunes.

Do you guys have ever got Error 4251 on itunes while burning disk?

Thanks

Re: Got error 4251 when trying to burn a disc in itunes?

I think this is due to the speed. try going into the preferences & select 2X speed for burning. Also make sure that your drive is listed. I was burning a CD & for the audio it stopped & give me unknown error 4261 & it failed to burn the CD.
    The speed trick worked for me I hope it helps you too.

My friend told me a solution for this problem when I got this error 4251 with iunes while burning cd.
    It is the antivirus or may be spyware installed on your windows system that causes this error 4251. SO the solution is to turn off the antivirus software before burning any CD with itune.

Look at this link: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...ptember16.mspx

Error 4251 - Error Code 0x109B

Description of Error the Windows Error 4251 relates to a problem in burning compact discs when using any other compact disc burning software. The error in burning compact discs might be an issue concerning the compact disc ROM optical drive. The cause of the Windows Error 4251 is the burning of compact discs when utilizing any other compact disc burning software. The problem might concern the CD-ROM optical drive.

Troubleshooting Error 4251
    Computer users may also experience problems in their ATA or IDE bus driver if iTunes has encountered problems in recognizing compact discs or the computer will hang while burning compact discs.Errors on your system may be caused by invalid registry entries and outdated or corrupt drivers.

THE SOLUTION
    Computer users can fix the Windows Error 4251 by first rebooting the computer and then testing the burning process. If the burning software is stopping the burn due to security reasons, computer users should disable any security software during the burn. Computer users can also try downloading and installing the latest driver and software updates in the computer. They also need to check the support website for the maker of the computer or motherboard if iTunes has problems recognizing compact discs.

Got error 4251 when trying to burn a disc in itunes

I have burned CD's beofre without any issues, until just this one time that eroor 4251 showed.....it has nothing to do with spyware or settings.....

I think I figured it out....I just used that same Cd and its burning another playlist. Apparently the songs that i wanted to download onto the disc is from a friend who posts her songs on Hotmail LIVE, and anyone can download the songs into i-tunes, but apparantly, SOME SONGS DO NOT BURN....Because i have downloaded some songs onto a Cd from her compilations. Or possibly the CD is no good, but why would it burn a different playlist and not the one that got the error.....Any ideas??????

Another suggestion...use a different CD......

Hi chichi1339,

I also faced similar kind of problem like you did so what I did to solve this issue was I just went to edit >> preferences >> advanced >> burning and changed the speed from the highest speed to 16X, and then I managed to get 10 songs on a disc before it gave me 4251 error. I took the speed down to 6X, and got 12 songs. I went to 2X, and it went 4251 after 5 songs.

Hi..when I do go to preferences, then advancd...there is NO LISTING FOR BRNING A CD....This is the first time this has happened. Its music that i bought at i-tunes, and when i played the CD in the car, some of the somgs that were previously on the CD have stayed and some of the ones i wanted to download are not. I have tried to go to i-tunes..their web site for help is SO S L O W in conecting then when you get a repsonse, they never seem to answet your question, they answer a totally different one. I'll try a fresh CD on another day - too many of these inconviences from i-tunes.....

AS you are already trying on with a fresh CD i would like to recommend you to burn the DVD/CD on a constant speed , ( I mean burn them at 6X speed and then while you are again trying to burn the DVD or write some songs on the same CD then remember that you have check burning speed of 6x as the other songs that are previously burned on your DVD are running at 6X speed , and yes the problem can also be caused due to cheap quality of the DVD/CD that you have used ( Possibly ) I would recommend the use of Moser Baer Pro for better results .