Thread: Dell Optiplex 755 wouldn't boot due to bad RAM slot

Dell Optiplex 755 wouldn't boot due to bad RAM slot

My Dell Optiplex 755 is not booting at all. Whenever I try to boot that then it shows me a big error message which in short means that There is a RAM error. I am having two RAM modules and out f which, one is in the first slot and other is in the 3rd slot. If I try to boot that with RAM removed from slot 3 there is no problem to boot. So there may be the problem with the RAM slot. Please help me to resolve the problem. I hope that I will get some quick replies on this. Thank you.

Re: Dell Optiplex 755 wouldn't boot due to bad RAM slot

There might be many possible reasons for this issue but the one that is most common in the cases like this is the intermittent connections of the RAM. Many of the times, it is a bit dusty and because of that it is having problem for the connection of RAM to the slot. If you think that this is the problem in your case then you can simply remove the RAM and then clans the pins in the RAM softly with the help of some soft cloth or you can also use eraser to do that and run it on the pins. Now connect that to the slot. See if this time you get the same problem or not.

There might be some problem with the buffer chips which are mounted on the motherboard. This is not the very common problem but you can take the look on this as well. If you are not very comfortable to this then you can simply call some person who is expert in computers. He will take a close look to the issue and will resolve the issue for you. This will be the best and the safest way that you can prefer. I hope that you will be out of the issue soon. Thank you.

It is very common that because of the bad Ram slots, many users get the problems like this. Other than this, I also think that this can be the problem with the stock modules. They are not handled much and so there is no chance that they have got dirty as posted above. If there is some problem with the module that you are using then you can get this issue. So check for that RAM module in some other computer and see if that working there or not. If that is also showing you the same issue there as well then the problem is surely with the RAM module and changing that will resolve the problem.

As you told that you are having that in slobt 1 and 3 and getting the problem. And after removing the one from slot 3 resolves the Problem then you can simply remove the RAM from slot 3 and then insert that into the slot 2 which will make that to the sot 1 and 2. After that your problem will be resolved. Other than this, I also think that for better configuration in Dual Channel, you should have Modules in Slots 1&2. After that if you want to add one more set then this will be in slot 3 and 4.

Other than doing all the things that are posted above, you should also check for the memory settings and ensure that they are all correct and that is matching the speed for the memory. Along with this, you can also try by flashing the motherboard BIOS to the newest version available. If you have previously done with that then you can flash that again and the problem will be resolved.

If you have no known working memory to replace the current rule memory module bay 5 defective, you have tried all possible combinations of the lever of suspicion in all bays that resulting in machine work only in two channels, when the club suspect is not present, then I went with the guarantee (unless another machine that can test your modules 3x2GB?), which replaced obtain and test again with the new working memory.