Thread: Need help in choosing mobo and processor

Need help in choosing mobo and processor

Hi everyone i have recently upgraded my psu to vip 600W and graphic card Sapphire Radeon 4890 1gb but my current mobo is very old doesnt even have a pci-e 2.0 x16 slot so i am running my graphic card at half speed and my processor is intel E4300 1.8 ghz bad for gaming i know so i am planning to buy a new mobo and a processor for my extreme gaming needs but i dont know whether i should go with amd phenom II 955(AM3) or Intel Core I7 (920) and i want a mobo with crossfirex with dual x16 pci-e 2.0 slots and plz try to give the cheapest and the best in the market thank you i live in bangalore india

Re: Need help in choosing mobo and processor

You should try out some shops so that you can compare prices. I would recommend you to go for Intel Core i7 instead of AMD. I have had bad experience with performance with AMD not once but twice. Try asus mother boards, there is a large range like P5Q Deluxe and Asus Rampage II Extreme. All the best!

Ok i think i see your point even i heard a lot of complaints from amd users like overheating issues and others well i know core i7 is awesome so i will go with that then but about the mobo asus is damn to costly dude especially in india so how about this mobo i found MSI x58 PRO? i think it has all the features i need for my gaming and future gaming with 2x16 crossfirex slots and ddr3 ram

Tylon Foxx Guest

I would go with the Core i7 since it's faster than the Phenom, and MUCH more overclockable, but it's also a great deal more expensive.

I have a good example fore a much more price-friendly system:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 (can easily be overclocked to at least 3.6 GHz, compared to its performance, you get a great bang for the buck)
    RAM: 4 GB Corsair XMS2 Dominator PC-8500 (aids well in overclocking)
    Motherboard: any with an Intel x48 chipset (they give full-speed crossfire X)

I don't know the price in your location for these parts, but it's well worth it. It will take Trackmania nations forever at 1920x1200 8xAA and max details at about 50 FPS without additional tweaking with the CPU at 3.6 GHz

it's relatively similar to my own system:

CPU: the same
    RAM: the same
    Mobo: ASUS P5KC with CLKA/B skew at 300PS (else the RAM wont run full speed)
    GPU: Club3d Raden 4890 1 GB
    PSU: Corsair ModXstream 600Watt

only bad thing is that the mobo can't handle fullspeed crossfire X

I'm sure this system will hold up for about 2 years, or at least until the Core i7 prices fall into a better price range. But the MSI x58 pro is also a good choice with the i7. I've seen many a positive review about it.
    Last edited by Tylon Foxx; 17-07-2009 at 08:17 PM.