Thread: Unlock BIOS

Unlock BIOS

I have annoying problem with my BIOS . the bios is locked i can edit bios settings.settings such as LAN, wireless, modem, boot priority and others are gone I remember passwords, but how to unlock this settings? can some one help me ? also tell me how to recover bios password?
    thank you

Re: Unlock BIOS

I think you need master password to Unlock BIOS settings so such lost setting of bios can be restored to default.from Hard Disk Password, Supervisor Password, Power On Password yo need to disable supervisor Password

unlock BIOS password is not tough thing you can do it easily. BIOS passwords are stored in the battery in the motherboard so you can reset it with battery out for 5 min check here for more How to unlock hard disk password on BIOS?

How to reset the password using PC CMOS Cleaner.PC CMOS Cleaner is an easy-to-use tool to recover, delete, decode and display the superior passwords stored in BIOS whatever the brand is. Most types of BIOS are supported. It's an bootable CD that runs on x86 and x86_64 computers. No need to pay expensive fees to experts. It's a useful tool for users to get their lost BIOS password back, or clean passwords from an old computer bought from others.

* Support all x86, x86_64 Personal Computers.
    * Support most BIOS, such as: AWARD, AMI, Compaq, Phoenix, Samsung, IBM, Compaq, DTK, Thinkpad, Sony, Toshiba and so on.
    * Display the superior passwords of the BIOS .
    * Remove BIOS password(will set the BIOS to default status, need reset date).
    * Set the BIOS to default state

Mostly bios is locked to avoid overclocking.several people asking how to unlock hp bios as Intel , Dell and Hp motherboards do not allow overclocking from the BIOS...check here to unlock dell bios

There is a jumper on the motherboard that will "Clear" the BIOS password. Check the motherboard documentation. Removing the battery will NOT clear the password as the password is written to the BIOS area.

Joe