Thread: Front Panel MIC to Mobo connection ?

sad Front Panel MIC to Mobo connection ?

Hello All,
    I have a ASUS K8VMX mother board and a case that has a front panel audio connection.I tried everything but I cant get my mic at the front panel to work. The audio and mic at the back is fine.
    However only the audio works for the front panel but not the MIC.

The connections on the Mother board is as follows :
    MIC IN - - AGND
    MIC PWR - - +5VA
    Line Out R - - B Line Out R
    NC -
    Line Out L - - B Line Out L

- represent the Pins

The front panel wire has MIC IN,MIC PWR,Line Out R,B Line Out R,Line Out L,B Line Out L and AGND

However its not having the wire connector for +5VA. I dont know if this is the issue ? However in this configuration the audio works pretty fine !!

Pls help me out.Is my case missing a wire for the +5VA to be connected to the Mother board or am have I dont something wrong ?

Thanks a lot folks
    Alex

Re: Front Panel MIC to Mobo connection ?

It can't be an issue, as for a microphone there is no polarity. Check if the wire isn't cracked from anywhere. You must see if the AC'97 drivers is detecting the front panel when you plug in the mic. Try to update the drivers, may be that could help...

Thanks Rudra.
    No the wires are all fine. In fact the case is only 2 years old and the problem has been since then.I just got on to it now since its a hassle to plug in the mic at the back.
    The mic connected to the back panel works perfectly so I am wondering if it has to do with drivers or any software ?
    My hunch is the connection to the motheboard or perhaps using a jumper setting ?

If the front panel header connectors are all separate wires it's often difficult to match the label on the connector with the appropriate pin on the motherboard. jumpers across pins 5/6 and 9/10 make rear output jack work. take the jumpers off to connect front panel by plugging into 5, and 9. the speaker jack in the back, and the headphone jack in the front, cannot be hooked up at the same time due to the jumpers.

Could it be possible that its an option on the audio software ?
    like enabling front panel audio or something ? I reda this on some forum but never could figure that out on my system.
    Btw is it possible that both the front and back panel audio can work together or it can only be either of these at one time ? The reason being if its either of those I rather choose the back end port for convenience but if I can use both ports then I can keep trying at this.