Thread: What need to replace eMachine Motherboard

What need to replace eMachine Motherboard

My friend has this eMachine that is no longer booted and only the response from the computer sees while pushing the power button is the blinking CPU light. I am aware that this problem is very prevalent with eMachines that made around this time, and I also couldn't solve the same problem with my old one which has the exact same problem.

Re: What need to replace eMachine Motherboard

I have an eMachines and the motherboard died when the power supply went out. But when i ckecked out for the reason i found that it's quite possible that a standard MB won't fit into that case. Since a replacement case is pretty inexpensive, and I'm sure eMachines used a pretty cheap P/S, I'd replace those with the MB, and from the above comment i find the Best thing for me is to take the parts available and build another computer and to buy own windows CD. it has nothing to do with eMachines that you cannot load your OS onto anything else.

I would first try to rule out the power supply. Try swapping in another power supply and see if it works. It looks like a standard size ATX PSU. The I/O back-panel has standard outer dimensions and fits in most cases. It indeed covers the connections for mouse/keyboard/networking/sound/USB etc. and matches the motherboard it comes with. If it still doesn't work, then you can try a motherboard swap. The purpose of that restriction is to prevent unscrupulous system builders from offering to peel the license sticker from the case and reuse it, or simply build a new computer in the existing case to "save the cost".

There are following problem with the eMachine, the first problem is that You cannot change motherboards with eMachines, second cannot change processors with eMachines , and the last but not the least is that you cannot change hard drives with eMachines(you can add one if you have another slot) this is because there is a "ghost partition" and it is strictly there to prevent motherboard change. Your best bet is the restore disk.