Thread: How to turn off Motherboard Speaker

How to turn off Motherboard Speaker

Hello , I am Really Annoyed by the Motherboard Beeps , I get from my Computer , I Have a Custom installed Desktop computer , Can you Tell me How can i Disable the internal speaker of the motherboard , Thanks in advance for Your Replies

Re: How to turn off Motherboard Speaker

if you are Tired of all the system beeps, and the sound of the speaker of the motherboard?

You can disable them easily. To do this you need to edit the registry:for this Start/Run/ then type "regedit" Position yourself on the following key:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER \Control Panel\Sound , You can disable the beeps (beeps) system by creating a new string value named Beep affecting him and the No!

In your case, simply disconnect the speakers from your case, this way you will have all other sounds except the beeps of your motherboard. Personally I think it's a mistake to try to disable it because it is an indication of the status of your motherboard, as I believe it is really essential on the The day when your computer will have a problem and you will be very happy just to be able to diagnose the fault with beeps ...

Sometimes issue of "beeps" really annoys us , in your case the latter is produced by a small loudspeaker that is mounted on the cabinet and connected to the motherboard of your computer. On some motherboards it is welded directly above. This loudspeaker emits a beep when the BIOS has properly initialized your devices when you start your computer (also callesd POST for Power On Self Test).

On Windows it appears when you hold too long a key on your keyboard or an error or warning occurs, some "trainer" for video games also use the loudspeaker (also called "PC speaker") to warn the user to activate an option ... This trick will disable the speakerphone on Windows.

1. Click "Start", "Run ..." then type "regedit" and click "OK" to access the publisher of the registry of Windows.
    2. Getting to the following key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Sound
    3. Locate the "Beep" and change the string "Yes" to "No".
    4. Editing the registry
    5. Restart the computer and then apply this trick to take into account changes