View Poll Results: Transcend Vs Zion

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Transcend

3 75.00%
  • Zion

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Upgrading ram of my laptop - Transcend or Zion?

vitrag24 Guest

Upgrading ram of my laptop - Transcend or Zion?

Hello friends,
    I've HP DV6226tx. it has 1gb ram [dual channel] only.

I want to upgrade ram.

Should i replace one 512 with 2gb or replace both 512 with 1gb, so total 2gb?

Will 3 GB give better performance according to my laptop specs as it's only 1.66 c2d.
    my hardware eng. adviced me that 2 gb will be ok, 3 gb wont make any difference on my laptop.

2GB Transcend DDR2 for 1450/- and 2GB ZION DDR2 for 1550/- INR.
    Which one i should buy?
    Both have 2-3yrs warranty.

===========================================

Also, i want to know if i can upgrade my hdd [rightnow 120gb only] and cost of same?

Re: Upgrading ram of my laptop - Transcend or Zion?

I think its better to go with Transcend ram.
    If you really need a bigger hdd then go for it otherwise an external hdd will also be the solution if you are looking for backup & portability.

Yes he said correct between 2gb & 3gb makes not much difference as per your laptop configuration!

I advice replace buth the 512gb ram with 1gb ram i.e. total of 2gb ram. because all of them have thier different power & has different speed so it may make problem with different ram on same laptop. I have never used Zion RAM so i will suggest you to buy Transcend. I will suggest you to buy a external HDD as if you require a big file to transfer from someone to borrow it. It will help you. Also if it is protable you can use it whenever you want or you can take it where ever you want, not to take the whole Laptop.

HOPE THIS HELPS YOU!

Go for Transcend ram, cause Transcend ram comes with 3 to 5 year warranty and one of my friend is also using it in his laptop for last couple of years flawlessly. Another thing is if you upgrade to any 64 bit Operating System, then only 4gb of ram is fully utilized by you OS but if you run a 32 bit OS, then it will utilize only a max of 2gb of ram, so 4gb of ram is worthless if you have 32 OS edition. If you can spend some more money then you can consider going for corsair ram which outbeats this other two ram brands.

vitrag24 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rupak View Post
    I think its better to go with Transcend ram.
    If you really need a bigger hdd then go for it otherwise an external hdd will also be the solution if you are looking for backup & portability.
    Thanks.
    for hdd,
    well, i have freecom toughdrive 250gb portable too, but now i need more, so i/m asking if i can upgrade hdd too. if yes, cost?

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwareman View Post
    Yes he said correct between 2gb & 3gb makes not much difference as per your laptop configuration!

I advice replace buth the 512gb ram with 1gb ram i.e. total of 2gb ram. because all of them have thier different power & has different speed so it may make problem with different ram on same laptop. I have never used Zion RAM so i will suggest you to buy Transcend. HOPE THIS HELPS YOU!
    my hardware eng. told me to replace one 512mb with 2gb and keep one 512mb. will it create any problem?

Till now, i got all votes for transced.
    I'm going to buy within 2 days after ur reviews.
    Thanks.

According to my best of knowledge you should go for Transcend ram. There are no issue with this company and it will surely speed up your system. Buying Transcend ran would be worthful and you surely not regret on your decision.

vitrag24 Guest

but shd i go replace both 512 with 1gb or keep one 512 and replace one 512 with 2gb?
    my hardware eng. told me to replace one 512mb with 2gb and keep one 512mb. will it create any problem

According to my knowledge stick to 2X1GB why put such odd configuration?
    Or just have 1X2gb ram don't use the 512 ram with it.
    I have seen people having problem with such odd configuration of ram.
    Btw
    You can go with your hardware eng. suggestion. It wont make a big problem to you.

vitrag24 Guest

I've bought transcend 2GB ddr2 ram for 1450/- INR.
    Please check screenshot if it's ok.

Well, I would also suggested you the same thing the one you have bought - Trancend 2GB DDR2. Transcend is commonly used by large number of users. Hence, it provides good warranty service. I have gone through your screenshots, everything seems to be perfect.