Thread: PC will not boot after Motherboard and CPU Replacement

PC will not boot after Motherboard and CPU Replacement

I replaced the motherboard and cpu from an Acer Aspire T180(Windows Vista Home, Athlon 64 X2 3800+) with Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-US2H and AMD Phenom 9600 Agena. Using the old hard drive which is SATA. After power up I get the message: "SATA is found running at IDE MODE!"...Press <Y> to enable AHCI mode or <N> to continue IDE mode operation...I press nothing and it continues to give the following message later on...Verifying DMI Pool Data...Boot from CD/DVD DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER.

I tried placing an XP Pro disk in and after running for a while I got a BSOD. Does anyone have any ideas ?

Re: PC will not boot after Motherboard and CPU Replacement

Reconnect all bus cables and power cables for all IDE drives. Go to ur cmos settings and check if all the drives have been recognised. Check the power cables and the IDE ribbon cables that link the drives to the motherboard to make sure you didn't accidentally disconnect any.

Did you change the boot order in BIOS when you were installing the new card? Is there a floppy or CD in either drive?

Quote Originally Posted by t.j. View Post
    Reconnect all bus cables and power cables for all IDE drives. Go to ur cmos settings and check if all the drives have been recognised. Check the power cables and the IDE ribbon cables that link the drives to the motherboard to make sure you didn't accidentally disconnect any.

Did you change the boot order in BIOS when you were installing the new card? Is there a floppy or CD in either drive?
    I did not change the boot order. I have a CD/DVD IDE drive installed, no floppy.The HDD is SATA. The CD/DVD drive is recognised in the bios under IDE devices.

that can be due to the SATA drivers on current installed windows which may not compatible with the SATA chipset on the motherboard, so just try to install SATA drivers from the gigabyte motherboard disk.

How do I go about doing that? I tried putting in the mobo disc but it resulted in an error message.

it's all good now, thanks.