Thread: Missing SATA 2 cable from Rampage III Black Edition Motherboard.

Missing SATA 2 cable from Rampage III Black Edition Motherboard.

Hello everyone, I came here to solve some of my problem, I know on this forum I will definitely solve my problem. I have just got my new Rampage III Black edition and when I checked it then I came to know that it is missing 3X SATA 2 cables which suppose to come with motherboard itself. However I don’t know it confusion or what, I have 2X SATA6 cable, as per the Rampage manual booklet it suppose to have 1, can anyone help me please, my actual question is, that I don’t know SATA 2/3 cable are the same other than the markings on them? Anyone have answer then please reply post. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Missing SATA 2 cable from Rampage III Black Edition Motherboard.

Hi man, that’s good that you have Rampage III Black edition, as it is recent in the market. Well gone through your above post, as per my experience the problem you are facing is confusion. Because I have seen SATA 6 cables, it has little different end connector as compare to other SATA connectors. You must check with the images of SATA connector, because it been long time I didn’t seen the SATA 2 connector. You must check on website, I think it will solve your problem. All the best!

Hello friends, I have suffered through this problem. I also have Rampage III Black edition. It is just a silly mistake, don’t worry and don’t get panic with cables. Even my package was not shrink wrapped, after that I directly wrote a mail to company, and then they replaced it with newer. You should also write the mail to company about this and for safety reason just contact to the vendor from where you have bought this motherboard. Nothing will happen, company is quite good they will provide you with proper cable. All the best!

Hey man you are right, I think you might be lucky at that time that you got replacement from the company or company might be good at that time but not at this time. For your kind information there are many people like me and above user, who have taken their ASUS board but they don’t have proper cable to connect other peripherals. I did the mail to company before 3 days about the issue, and today morning I got the reply that they are missing with the SATA 2 cables which suppose to be shipped at this time. So guys we will have to wait for some more days unless and until we don’t get proper cable. All the Best!

Hey thanks man for replying on this post, after reading your post I have also did mail to company and I have also got the same reply from the company. I am wondering that how company can do this, if the they are missing with the stock of Proper cable, then why they are selling the motherboard. In addition they replied me that they are going to raise this with ASUS. And they have also given me the promise that I will get the cable in 2 days. So I think we don’t have any option rather than waiting. All the best and let us wait for 2 days!!