OS Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
    OS Service Pack Service Pack 2
    DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)

Motherboard:
    CPU Type DualCore AMD Athlon 64 X2, 2000 MHz (10 x 200) 3800 +
    Motherboard Name Asus A8NE-FM
    RAM 1024 MB (PC3200 DDR SDRAM)
    BIOS Type Award (06/06/06)
    Ports (COM & LPT) Communications port (COM1)
    Ports (COM & LPT) Printer Port (LPT1)

Display :
    Graphics Card ATI RV530 Pro
    3D Accelerator ATI RV530 Pro

Multimedia:
    Sound Card nVIDIA MCP04 - Audio Codec Interface

Hard Drive ST3160812AS (149 GB, IDE)

the problem is every time when i start computer after booting the screen get black and there is a beep from the Bios(motherboard).1 times long 2 short times. then i on power switch about 10 times the and turn off the PC so that then" Sometime normal starts. WinXP will run correctly, without error if it is started. I have my Bios viewed the error codes, The beep means "Faulty system board" but I have not seen how I could solve this problem. Any help will be extremely appreciated.

Re: Problem with Asus A8NE-FM board

When a computer is turned on, it goes through what is called a POST (power-on self test) routine. This is a short diagnostic procedure incorporated into the boot sequence by the BIOS manufacture for troubleshooting purposes.

Many times when there is an error in your boot sequence you will receive an on-screen error message. This error was printed by the video card. But, in some cases, the error is detected early in the boot process and the error cannot be received by the video card. The problem may even be caused by the video card or the monitor.

the problem is every time when i start computer after booting the screen get black and there is a beep from the Bios(motherboard).1 times long 2 short times. then i on power switch about 10 times the and turn off the PC so that then" Sometime normal starts. WinXP will run correctly, without error if it is started. I have my Bios viewed the error codes, The beep means "Faulty system board" but I have not seen how I could solve this problem. Any help will be extremely appreciated.
    one long, two short means DMA page register test failed (POST 18)

hi,
    i would take out all but one stick of memory and try each stick individually and memtest all the modules.

Sounds to be like a possible ram issue.

I have almost the same problem:

PC does start with one long beep, two shorts and NO VIDEO SIGNAL appears on my monitor. Starting up windows xp completes, because I can hear the windows sound after some time.
    I removed all memory blocks and put only one in either slot 1 or slot 2, but no result !
    One extra problem was that when i put a memory block in the dimm slot 3 , it start BURNING at one site of the module ..... (no oter RAM units have been placed at that moment!) I returned to one ram module in SLOT 2 (the burning module was not working anymore) and the PC did the same as above , NO VIDEOSIGNAL but starting WINDOWS and ,i think, complete! remember that i have no videosignal so I am not sure!
    Changed the videcard , no result
    Any further suggestions would be very helpfull, I can not find any ansewrs on this, although I read many times about the starting with NO VIDEO problem, which seems to be typically for this MOTHERBOARD.
    Do I have to replace this board ? and what will be a good alternative ?

KIND regards and many thanks

Ben

Since one week I have the same problem.
    I change Ram and Videocard but I have not positive result.
    You?

No : ram exchange and videocard did not help with me either . Both changes --- no solution.

The strange thing is that this PC ran perfect for more than two years. !!
    This really suddenly happened without any pre-fault or else

Lookin around on the Internet, I see on many places the same problem now, but never a solution which was common for this problem and that really helped.
    Many times you see the message to fully switch off the PC both with switch and removing power cord, leave it for some time ( to discharge all capacitors on the board completely) = e.g. cold start and that then when starting the PC starts up normal and runs normal......not with me so far !

Seems really be a common problem of this board
    I think I have to buy a new computer

Regards

Ben