Thread: How do I reset pheonix bios password ?

How do I reset pheonix bios password ?

Hi,

INFO short - after Windows I flashed the BIOS Phoenix, is the beeping also disappeared, at least I hear here on work nothing like this ..
    Let's see if it at home when it is quiet as is ..

So now another problem, I noticed that I do not come into the BIOS, because I do not know the password ...

Can I perhaps one of you help?

Thanks & Greetings

Ps : the backdoor password "phoenix" I have already tried, without success!

Re: How do I reset pheonix bios password ?

Did you remove the battery from the laptop when you removed the battery from the bios? If the battery is connected it can still maintain the bios switched on and therefore retain data.

For the jumper, as a rule, it is not absolutely necessary from the moment you remove the CMOS battery. But you never know when ... It must be near the battery (cmos) ;-).

Of course, for this kind of branded product the procedure is generally not standard. Try to leave longer off (battery + battery cmos) type a day or a week ... Or it could be another type of memory that does not need to remain switched on ...

Try these universal Pheonix BIOS passwords (they're case-sensitive): phoenix, PHOENIX, Pheonix, CMOS, BIOS, 1234567, or xinoehp

If none of those work, there are other ways which are more work. Let me know if any of them does the trick.

Hi,

Some BIOS’ have pre-installed backdoor passwords that enable access to the system if you have lost or forgotten your password. Attempting to regain access to the computer by using one of the following backdoor passwords should be your first step if you have lost or forgotten your BIOS password and cannot boot your computer. If you are able to regain access to your system by using a backdoor password, you can then use a password cracker to reveal the stored password or enter the BIOS setup to change the password. These backdoors are more likely to work on older desktop systems. We are not aware of any name brand laptops or notebooks that have backdoor BIOS passwords.

You can reset it yourself. All you have to do is find out where the reset jumper is. It is usually jumper 12. The location for it depends on the motherboard. Once you have located it, all you have to do is turn the computer off, pull the reset jumper, leave it off for about thirty seconds, and then replace it, and reboot.

The draw back to this is, that if you have any special settings in bios, then you will loose the doing this.