Thread: Bios update for EVGA 680i

Bios update for EVGA 680i

Hello,

I have a small problem. I have the EVGA 680i SLI Black Pearl Motherboard with water cooling. Because the space behind my first PCI Express slot occupied, I had my graphics card in the second slot.

That went well without problems. After a bios update tells me when you restart the computer now that the graphics card should be in the first slot. Unfortunately, the rieseigen because the cooler on the graphics card is not.

Now I wanted to flash the bios again but do not come until the flash tool but it can only go into the bios.

Anybody knows what could I do now? Thank you very much

Re: Bios update for EVGA 680i

Hi,

If you have an older version of the NVIDIA Update Utility, please remove it before installing this new version
    • Before updating your BIOS, please load BIOS defaults by hitting the delete key during POST and select: “Load Defaults.” Now select “Save & Exit Setup.” After that has been completed please follow these instructions:
    • Download the following files: NVIDIA Update Center and NF68_P30.bin
    • Install the latest NVIDIA Update Center and run the program. (Use ONLY the above version, DO NOT use any previous version of NVIDIA Update Center.)
    • Once Update Center opens, Check the box “Clear CMOS” and then hit apply at the bottom right hand corner
    • Now select browse and locate NF68_P30.bin
    • Select load bios
    • After update center finishes, completely shutdown your system
    • Once the system is off, unplug your PSU and press the power button on the front of your case. (This will discharge the Motherboard.)
    • Wait 30-60 seconds to turn on or plug in your PSU and start up your system.
    • Press "Delete" to once again enter the BIOS, and load defaults. Save and exit; your system BIOS is now updated.

Installed the new beta bios, no problems yet. As a side bonus, it seems to have upped my Sandra Memory Bandwidth benchmark by almost 400 MB/s, to ~7600 MB/s... I have not had the SATA errors problem widely reported, but I did have an intemittent "drive busy light" that would occasionally pop up and make me wait about 30 secs for a drive access, always a mystery to me as to what the drives were doing. It hasn't happened since I updated. We'll see if there are any other side effects of the beta bios.

For the sake of all the folks that DID have the SATA problem, let's hope this bios does fix the problem...

i guess it doesn't like to be linked. anyways, here are the steps to take you there

go to www.evga.com > click on support > click "download drivers" on the left hand side > select "mainboards" > select "BIOS updates" > select "NF68/NF63 - Intel 680i SLI" > click "go"

that's it. it will take you to the BIOS update page for the NF68-A1/T1 and NF63 (680i SLI SE) boards. if you have the 680i SLI LT (NF67) then you will select "NF67 - 680i LT" instead in the third box.