Thread: Experiencing problem while Replacing motherboard components

Experiencing problem while Replacing motherboard components

I've Two chips on my Aspire One's motherboard, but it seems that it does not recognize my AC adaptor anymore.

I have tried out resoldering that the parts on it. but i don't understand how do i identify which chip is not working? Is it really not working or is there any other problem am facing. The only markings I have on them yield nothing on google (though 89C is a very non-specific name I would have thought). Is there a better site to search? when i googled for this problem then it suggest for multi-metering?

how do i get rid of this please help.

Regards

Re: Experiencing problem while Replacing motherboard components

Motherboards use a small battery that provides just enough power to retain hardware configuration data, as well as the date and time. In older PCs, this battery is actually soldered to the motherboard and is difficult to replace without expert assistance. Many newer motherboards use a small battery that looks much like the ones you'd find in a calculator or watch, and if you research the specifications on your motherboard, you can determine the battery model and find a replacement. You may have to open your PC to find out what kind of battery your motherboard uses.

You can open the case and look at the motherboard battery after you follow a few basic safety precautions, which you'll want to use every time you open your computer. Disconnect the power cable and then move the computer to an area where it should be..

Re: Experiencing problem while Replacing motherboard components

My best advice to you would be to work in the opposite direction you are taking. Your best bet is to pick a suitable motherboard capable of supporting the features you are looking for....THEN pick the components to attach to them.

At this point, you are looking at a major overhaul anyways. So it's best to start from point A, which is the motherboard.

The first thing and most important thing you need to do is decide what you want the computer to be good at. Then the next thing you need to do is figure out what you can salvage from your old computer. Usually the case, optical drive, hard drive, and floppy drive are the only things to migrate. In some cases a power supply and peripheral cards like a sound card are saved as well. Then of course, you need to decide on a budget.

If you can let me know those few things, I can at least point you in a direction.