Thread: Possible to encode with Gigabyte Micro ATX motherboard

Possible to encode with Gigabyte Micro ATX motherboard

I intend to take Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H (NVIDIA GeForce 9400) - Micro ATX motherboard. Is there possible to use the integrated GPU on the motherboard to encode HD video (Bluray, HD dvd, HD tv). I will be only using it to encode and playback HD video.

Re: Possible to encode with Gigabyte Micro ATX motherboard

Yes. However I doubt that the relative gain to processor will be. In my opinion you do not win the gpu perf is too low.

Moreover, the software only solution for Badaboom GPU is available, and just be in the process of encoding digital VHS in my X264 with Mencoder. I can tell you that Badaboom quality level is not MEncoder (CPU). Furthermore I am convinced that Badaboom is a bit faster than the CPU alone the fact that it uses a lower quality.

With MEncoder I like 17fps as normal, and only 5fps alone increased a little short quality, a little more quality is very penalizing, and I think that plays Badaboom. With Badaboom I was 25 or 40fps I remember and that with a 9600GT much more powerful than 9300. With 2 instances I was at 25fps I am sure.

Takes a brief quad core CPU that will allow you to have 4 instances of Mencoder encoding in parallel, is better.

THANKS A LOT

it's pretty rare that I have a clear answer

1: So if I understand his works, but it is less efficient than the cpu?
    you would have another solution for encoding HD (blu ray, hd tv, hd dvd) without talking about the cpu that I would take a quad core.

it is not possible to run the 2 cpu gpu to save time and quality

I installed a small pc dedicated to video encoding and decoding hd

1. The GPU is a bit faster if the GPU is strong (which is not the case of 9300). In addition Badaboom (GPU) produces files with a lower image quality.

2. Running GPU and CPU at the same time? I had thought but it also does not run well because I had 2 instances of Badaboom (GPU) and my CPU occupancy rate was very high. Such manner as to launch an instance of MEncoder (CPU) was no so it was slow. Let us not forget that the GPU via calculates also need the cpu and especially the Ram system, where the occupancy rate high CPU I think.

3. It's best to use a CPU for encoding and MEncoder eg And yes you can run an instance of MEncoder by core available. That is why I advise you a Quad core. Like that because you can encode at the same time 4.

Right now, I do not know what to take, which I wanted to make a new config for the HD have a fast encoding and quality.

I think encoding will actually become better with the software gpu but when.

I will certainly take a quad core (I do not know yet which) 4GB of ram and μatx motherboard that goes well with.

be it that I took a big graphics card and be quiet some years? what do you think?

But no, there is no reason to it, because in both cases it's software, in other words what you can code in a language for the GPU you can also coded for use on a CPU.

That one is more likely in the future to have a better quality than the other is totally wrong.

It seems to me that something escaped. GPUs have generic computing unit, which can do everything a little, just tell them what (therefore using the Software) is why they are software to handle physics on GPUs, software calculated for use in scientific laboratories. Such a CPU, it is also generic.

In both cases, there is no circuit hard in the GPU or CPU that make the encoding hardware itself.