Thread: Gigabyte GA-EX58 Extreme, System heating

Gigabyte GA-EX58 Extreme, System heating

Hi, I just bought new parts for my system. Everything started out fine and I have not checked any problems. I put in Easy Tune 6 to so that the system was at around 38-40 degrees idle. My question then is whether there is a lot, or will it be around there? I rarely check up on old computer (Asus P5W Deluxe, Core 2 Duo), but can not remember that it was so loud.

Using Cooler Master ATCS 840 Full Tower cabinet. All the fans on.

CPU (Intel i7 920) however, lies in 25 degrees idle with Cooler Master Hyper Z600.

Just wondering, has not much bearing on what actually is a high or low when it comes to degrees.

Re: Gigabyte GA-EX58 Extreme, System heating

You mean the north bridge? Do you have the bonus cooler? Tried other programs such as for Everest ultimate?

940 here, 4.1 HT running 100% load is now 24/7 NB is on the 57C

Is a reason that you can put the water cooling which, strange that it should be so hot when the memory-cpu does not go through the NB long.

At the program shows the system can really mean so many. But I think it just was surprisingly high with all the "cooling" ad that was on the package.

Has mounted bonus cooler yes. Took an hour of Fallout 3 now and then it came up in 47 degrees. Alert meter's native 40-degrees in both CPU and system. Not that I have the alarm but was a little skeptical when I saw that it was already at 38 degrees at idle.

It is a passive radiator, usually have someone get their energetic fans on NB. Is the air flow in the cabinet well over ribbon? Evt CPU fan blows against NB? If one cpu cooler with water blowing no cpu cooler for NB and NB tend to be hot and must cool.

On my second GB card x48T NB-DQ6 is also hot stone without cpu fans that passively blowing on it, as with water cooling, where I had to insert a separate fan for the NB.

Temp is not a prob before you watch, perhaps monster cooling on the box, it is because you need it and not to get the low temp.

Possible it yes. Has no fans that are aimed at NB, if not the 120mm fan in the cabinet right next to the CPU-rib count. Do passive rib on CPU. But it will be more than NOK cooling in the cabinet, has 2230mm fans that pound to go on top and even a 230mm front to pull air in between the disks and above the motherboard.

Possible I may move some of the video card also, because it's very close to your bonus cooler. Or do I buy me a fan to blow that right against NB.

But thanks for your help