Thread: Adjust the CPU speed in Bios

Adjust the CPU speed in Bios

Hello,

after a bad shutdown XP I get a message telling me that the computer restarts with the CPU in "safety" mode , ie it is Running on its lowest speed after that I went into the BIOS to return it to its normal rated speed. The problem is that I do not know the speed (Athlon XP3000) and I do not see in BIOS the option in bios alspo Could someone help me? My Motherboad is an ASUS A7N8X please Help me

Re: Adjust the CPU speed in Bios

Hello , There is a jumper to clear the cmos behind no 3 pic slot called clrtc1, postion 1/2 is normal put the jumper to 2/3 for a short while this will clear your cmos, when you reboot press del go straight into the bios you will find the board as defaulted to 100mhz in Advanced Chipset Features set the first item CPU External frequency 133/166 to the required speed Table below may give you a guide Check which proccessor you have and set the speed according to the chart below.

opn number , Model , freq , Clock multi , Voltage, FSB freq
    AXDA2400DKV3C, 2400+, 2000, 15x , 1.65v , 333

Thorough
    AXDC2400DKV3C, 2400+ , 2000, 15x , 1.65v , 266

Quote Originally Posted by Theodore View Post
    Hello,

after a bad shutdown XP I get a message telling me that the computer restarts with the CPU in "safety" mode , ie it is Running on its lowest speed after that I went into the BIOS to return it to its normal rated speed. The problem is that I do not know the speed (Athlon XP3000) and I do not see in BIOS the option in bios alspo Could someone help me? My Motherboad is an ASUS A7N8X please Help me
    This is most likely due to AMD's cool 'n quiet feature where it automatically lowers the multiplier to save energy when the cpu is not in use.

The user manual will contain a description of a safe way to clear the CMOS with the CLRTC jumper. Usually the first step is to unplug the computer. That is a safety precaution, as some older motherboards can be damaged, if +5VSB is still present on the motherboard, and the jumper is put into the "clear" position. In the "normal" position there is no problem.

Your system manual should also have instructions for this. Once in the BIOS, you will need to look through the screens to find the one that has the "load defaults" option. It's usually not hard to find.normally, an AMD 3000 + should run at 2167 Mhz. The "Safety defaults" are values that allow the PC to start up whatever happens. So with an under-clocked CPU, same RAM (with the addition of ultra-slow timings), all possible acceleration disabled. The "Optimized defaults" are contrary to the values provided by the manufacturer for your motherboard, your memory, your processor, with some optimizations enabled (not all, for that matter). They are the ones that should be used. The two "defaults" take into account the environment as read by the BIOS. To reload these defects, go to the BIOS key for that (indicated on the screen while premer to start the PC). In general, it is on the last tab, the last page.