Thread: Foxconn motherboard issues

Foxconn motherboard issues

hi,
    i recently got Foxconn A7DA-S Motherboard, it will start up fine for a few seconds depdning on how long you've left it off and then will promplty shut down,when I rebooted the system up all the system fans kick on, but no picture.i have managed to go into the bios and see the shutdown temp is disabled.I even messed with the BIOS jumper and still no luck.What has happened and what is the solution?Can anyone help!!!

Re: Foxconn motherboard issues

hi,
    Do you get a POST beep when you try to boot?Are you certain the monitor works? To test it simply disconnect the monitor cable from the graphics port and turn it on.

you should get an on-screen error message about signal out of range. If this does not display then the monitor is faulty.

Sounds like a faulty Power Supply. If it's only 3 weeks old I'd demand a replacement. Or better yet your money back so you can get something decent.
    Have you checked to see if the heat sink is securely attached to the CPU and tried reseating (removing and reinstalling) the video card in the computer? If so, did that make any difference?

Well, the first thing that might be causing this is your memory card (RAM). Try to remove it and place it in another memory slot on the motherboard.

To be sure if your motherboard is still in good working condition, remove the memory card and power on the PC. You should hear continuous beep sounds.

If you hear this then your motherboard is fine. If placing the memory card in another slot does not work then the problem lies with the memory card itself. You will need to replace it.

Try to remove your PCI cards. Normally a faulting PCI modem causes this type of error. Remove it and then power on the pc.

The processor cannot be faulty but still if you want to check it, remove the CPU Cooler fan. Then turn on the PC.