Thread: No Display ever after going into screensaver

No Display ever after going into screensaver

Hey guys!
    I don't know what went wrong with my computer, everything was fine and when yesterday i was idle on my computer so my computer went into the power saving mode and the screensaver came up. When i got back to work on it, the screen went blank and the keyboard was dead too when i moved the mouse to disable the screensaver so that i could get back to work...! Grrr.... Nothing help so i just hard reseted my computer and still the screen stays blank... no sound no display just the fans rotating... Help guys!

Re: No Display ever after going into screensaver

Hey!
    doesn't sound good, sounds like the board is toast, sounds like it was getting some power, but if the board is out, it's very likely that the power is only getting far enough to light that led. might be in the circuitry why the current isn't getting to the ide slots and such. take a second look at the power supply before you rule it out...

Hey,
    I guess you changed where the memory was, but did you try the modules separately, one at a time? Also, most of the time that I see this problem, something is not seated properly (usually memory). Make sure everything is seated securely and also ensure that none of the dust got into any of the sockets while you were blowing it out.

The first thing to try is a diffrent keyboard.If this is a USB keyboard try it in a diffrent port or a diffrent USB keyboard.If it is a PS/2 keyboard try a diffrent one or try a USB one. Power off the computer and located the BIOS battery and remove it for two minutes,then replace and reboot see if that helps.