Thread: Asus K8V deluxe SATA connection

Asus K8V deluxe SATA connection

Hello , I bought the SATA HDD and Bios does not detect the HDD do you know what to do I Have Already made the Connection On board but still it is not detecting my sata harddisk Thanks in Advance

Re: Asus K8V deluxe SATA connection

hello , IIRC there is the Motherboards BIOS, then there is the RAID cards BIOS on that model. Make sure the RAID card is enabled (jumper and motherboard BIOS) then watch the start up very closely, it should have a screen with a second key you can use to enter the RAID cards BIOS (different screen) use that and setup the HDD in there.

For that motherboard, you need to disable the Promise controller in BIOS, and attach the SATA drive to the VIA controlled SATA port (the VIA ones are the next to the VIA controller and are marked SATA1 and SATA2). Then make sure you have the latest VIA drivers via website from Asus. Copy the contents of drvdsk to your floppy for F6 installation. Several of us, including me, have this motherboard and it's working fine, so not to worry.

If you are using the upper SATA1 connector then you should enable the on board SATA controller and disable the Promise controller.

You have to copy the SATA driver off of the mother board driver disk or download them from Asus. Then you have to make a floppy disk with them on it and have it ready when you begin to install Windows. Hit F6 right away when the install begins and load the drivers into the OS. I got the info off the Western Digital site. Works for me

the VIA SATA connectors run through the southbridge and is supposedly faster than the Promise controller

BIOS settings

on chip sata boot rom. Leave enabled if using via sata

onboard promise controller. enable if using disable if not
    operating mode. If using promise controller single drive ide mode. Raid setup on the promise then RAID

Onboard LAN. For the onboard LAN disable if not using I got my cable modem plugged in it so it's enabled.

Onboard LAN boot rom disabled. Enable if your booting from a network drive.