Thread: RAM Expansion

RAM Expansion

I am currently looking at how far I made my last 2 years old laptop.

• ACER Aspire 9300
    • Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005
    • AMD Turion 64 2 GHz
    • 1 GB DDR 2 memory
    • nVidia Geforce Go 6100

After support request is possible, RAM, CPU and hard to change. Since a CPU is not much change makes sense, since the motherboard so modern CPU's not supported, the only left because of the RAM disk has been supplemented by external.

According to support only 2 GB are available. According to my research is 4GB.

The question. Since I am only a 32 bit OS would only have about 3.5 GB are used sensibly.

Would you give me to 2x 2GB memory or more 1x 2 GB + 1 x 1GB memory guess? So, so that then the 0.5 GB or less would cease.

I think after so much since I with picture and audio editing to do and I'm at work with Photoshop and noticed that it is sometimes more working memory could be.

Re: RAM Expansion

2 identical 2-GB bar is faster than 1x1GB and 1x2GB, because they then run in dual channel. So rather 2x2GB.

But in relation to the rest of the system you are using the extra RAM is not much reality - there would also rich 2x1GB in my opinion.

Dr. V Guest

xp if you use your computer can be a maximum of 3GB of address and therefore only use .... under Vista it could be 4gb.

But only Vista 64-bit.
    But what cares, who wants to have 0.5 GB of RAM on this system drivers technically disadvantaged change?

Even if only 3, xGB detected, it is meaningful, 2 identical 2GB in dual channel to run as two different sizes to use. Because prices are likely 2x2GB and 1x1GB + 1x2GB not far apart.

But as I said, when the system would also 2x1GB rich

In how far I 2x1 or 2x2 Gb RAM do I need to take good look at what Price Technically it. Currently this would be for self 1350 according to Internet research. A little more can be. But you are right, that purely arithmetically 2x2 GB in dual channel mode would be better.

Let's see.

I will give notice if I have changed what, and whether it feels.

I would recommend you 2x 1GB. Is cheaper and faster. According to several reports on the Internet can be in the 4GB and 32bit system the motherboard to speed something . No idea why that I've forgotten.