Thread: Problem with Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H Motherboard

Problem with Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H Motherboard

I am facing a big trouble with my gigabyte motherboard. I have a gigabyte ga-73pvm-s2h motherboard and the problem is the motherboard is not allowing me to format. When i try to format it switches me on to log on screen and when a new hdd is placed it says error loading operating system.

Please provide some view regading this probem

Your views will be appreciated.

Re: Problem with Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H Motherboard

Make sure that you are using the latest BIOS revision for your computer. Contact the computer manufacturer to inquire about how to obtain and install the latest BIOS update that is available for the computer.

The Error Loading Operating System problem can be solved in a variety of different ways. However, it is important that you have some knowledge of computers before you proceed with any of the suggested solutions to this error message. Not knowing exactly what you are doing, or failing to follow the directions you see on your screen could result in the corruption or destruction of your computer. Changing or flashing your BIOS can have detrimental effects on your computer and should only be performed if you are completely sure you know what you are getting into.

Your first step to resolve the Error Loading Operating System issue should be to update your computer's BIOS. Check your computer's manual for information on how to do this or call the company which constructed your computer. Alternatively, if you built your computer yourself, consult the manual which came with your motherboard.

Once you are sure that your BIOS has been upgraded to its most recent version, determine which type of BIOS you are using. Each BIOS is somewhat different, and newer versions of popular BIOSes tend to change the locations of different functions and features, so consult your computer vendor, your motherboard manual, or a tech support forum for the most up to date information on how to make sure that your hard drives are interfacing properly with your BIOS.

1. Put a jumper on the SATA drive to drop it down to SATA 1 instead of SATA2

2. Changed the port on the motherboard that the SATA controller plugs into (from black to blue)

3. Try a friends hard drive (which booted normally)

4. Take it back to the store and buy something else.

If you unplug the drive on SATA0 does it see SATA1? Sounds like a hardware/BIOS issue. Is there a BIOS update from the manufacturer.

I'm not sure why you are disconnecting any drive when installing Linux nowadays, GRUB is after all GRand Unified Bootloader and the partition tools provided with most distros are fairly sophisticated

Download the
    Bootdisk write it to a cd using your favorite software.
    Make the machine boot from cd rom and when its booted
    select
    boot off second hd