Thread: What is the CPUID ?

What is the CPUID ?

What is the number under CPUID and it has to be identical at a CPU upgrade?

Re: What is the CPUID ?

If you are looking for complete info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CPUID

Otherwise the values returned by the CPUID is logically different if the processor is different, it will therefore not be identical in an upgrade. After that, I guess you're not going to put a CPU socket A in a socket 775.

In short, I suppose you have chosen a new processor supported by the motherboard and recognized by the BIOS ... no matter the values CPUID with CPU-Z and others.

But I'd like to "update" if I may say so (even if it does not feel, but also to tweak a bit and learn), a very old computer, based on a Pentium! Coppermine 866MHz socket 370.

And I'm wondering if the assumption of a processor of the same type, same core, the same voltage, on the same socket ... for example an Intel Pentium! Coppermine 1000 MHz socket 370, or would not if the value of CPUID is different? is identical?

And what does the "s-spec" number? (SL4CB for example in my case)

For the worse thing, it is more than one computer OEM Dell Dimension 4100. And I have no idea if it is possible by a great assembly known as "tattoo" the ... processors?
    They go so far?

I sent an email to the technical service and expect an exact answer to the question, I want you to know!

Ah, thank you for your link, I'll go see it more closely

Do not complicate life, trust yourself to the socket.

You can order without using any Pentium III on your computer when it is socket 370 (since that is what you have in physical format, not Slot 1). Regardless of the CPUID, serial numbers, the fact that Costa Rica or Malaysia etc. ...

There is no tattoo CPU etc etc etc ....

And the only real limitation is whether your motherboard accepts a FSB of 133, which seems to be the case since the P3 866 = 6.5x133. P3 1 Ghz = 7.5x133 MHz. It may be a reflashing the BIOS against.

Then you will not gain huge with over 133 Mhz

For S-Spec, again, Google is full of resources, your CPU is listed on this page: http://processorfinder.intel.com/

Yes my motherboard FSB is 133MHz, but strange thing:
    on the Intel site, they indicate CPUs supported, and the highest frequency is 933 MHz; but on the Dell site, when I enter my serial number and I found my config full and accurate and that I will see the technical specifications> processors> they said that it supports up to a P3 GHz ...

No, it's clear that I can not have a huge gain. I think. And my BIOS is flashed for a long time indeed, and on the Dell site, they always offer the version I have, as the latest ... (A11) so it should be good. Have to find one of these little things then!

And again thank you for your link!