Thread: New motherboard - A couple of questions

New motherboard - A couple of questions

In the past, I've considered upgrading my PC a bit, and then I think to get SLI with 2 x 8600GTS 512mb, 2 x 8800GTS, or something a little heavier. There are currently 1 x 8600GTS. It pays when buying one of the 8600GTS, or is it bad? Someone who has some recommendations?

The problem I have is that my current motherboard does not support SLI. So, I must get me a new one. Have thought a little on MSI P7N Diamond. Some other good motherboard that someone knows about? Is it a good motherboard to run SLI on? Has only 500W PSU at the moment?

Do I need a better cooling also? Because I only have what came with when I bought. Works fine now, but is a little concerned about overheating when I connect the 2 cards via SLI ...

Re: New motherboard - A couple of questions

Two 8600GT in SLI does not accomplish anything on. Normally it is about 15 - 20% increase in performance to get a SLI or crossfirex solution ...

so two 9800GT is the least that the host had to recommend to SLI but then a 500W psu in the slimmest layer ...

if you do not have anything extremely system, so would like a asus 750i be a very good choice ..

you will also need some better cooling ...

but if you choose an SLI solution will help it not come with a Celeron cpu and a gigabyte of RAM rather

and there are not any games that support SLI

Yes, the well will have to get a little more powerful video card, the 9800gt to recommend? Or should I have something better? Do I buy the MSI P7N Diamond motherboard, but need some advice about what kind of cooling and such. Has a fairly small enclosure, do not know how many fans I can accommodate.

Is there a solution to open the page in the cabinet for better air?

Have an Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4 GHz and 4GB of RAM, so it should go smoothly.

Incidentally, it is smart to overclock CPU? Have considered it, but because the video card was the "weakest link" so it would not have much to say.

Good to do it if I go in for an SLI solution?

Or is it wise to just upgrade to a sick video card instead, given the low support for SLI?

Do not buy shit hopelessly Nvidia motherboard, only to suffer and to run something as meaningless as the 8600GT in SLI. Scale of SLI vary greatly from app to app, but is in most cases significantly more than 40%. It does nevertheless not want to run 2 x 8600 cards in SLI. 8600 is a bad card to play, two of them are not a good.

What motherboard are you having today?

Have you looked at the cards ATi 4850/4870, Nvidia GTX 260 or similar.

One good advice, drop SLI plans or replace ram to AMD or Core i7 ...
    SLI LGA + 775 = Problems, the chipset is the just corrupted and tend to live their own lives.

And MSI + nForce = worst possible combination you can get ...

You should also consider a more powerful single or dual GPU video cards than SLI for LGA 775 (Dual GPU with GTX 295 works as good and is not covered of SLI requirement.)