Thread: Continous Reboot of New Computer

Continous Reboot of New Computer

Can anyone Help me in this? I bought a new Computer Yesterday. Everything was easy and no Problems were occurring unless when i start to booting from CD Drive or anything. My Computer Keeps rebooting back after Three Seconds and Again shut Down.

Please provide some suggestion regarding this problem

Re: Continous Reboot of New Computer

Well my P4 rig also starts it's self back up. Not right away after being shut down but sometimes 5 minutes? So I have no clue why but I just let it run because it is water cooled. Just install folding@home and put the computer to good use while it's running.

Try this which I got from chuck2
    Right click My Computer,
    Properties,
    Advanced tab,
    Settings button (Starup and Recovery),
    uncheck Automatically Restart.

Now you should get an error message when it happens again. Google the result

A good chance that you have corrupt user profiles. Are the computers networked and have there been any signs of viruses or spyware.

You should first try creating new user accounts and transfering the old user data to the accounts as suggested here http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=811

(1) Windows can automatically download updates, install them, and reboot your computer if you leave it alone long enough. You probably are not having this issue, as it doesn't happen very often.

(2) Windows can be configured to restart after loss of power (auto restart), but this shouldn't occur when the software is handling a normal shutdown request. Go find the setting for what Windows should do when power momentary disrupted.

(3) In the Power Options tab of the Display Properties window, make sure hibernation is not selected. If it is, your machine might not support it.

(4) In the System folder, select the Advanced tab, then Startup and Recovery "settings" button. Look at the selections under System Failure. If "automatically restart" is selected, then deselect it. I also recommend you check the system event log(s) to see what Windows is recording as events during the shutdown / reboot process. You probably have some issue, maybe even a driver problem, that causes Windows to think it should automatically restart.