i recentely asssembled pc with
    Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz 1333MHz
    motherboard: ASUS P6T Deluxe OC Palm Edition Motherboard
    Graphics card: SAPPHIRE HD 4850
    Hard Drives: Samsung S-Ata, 2x 160GB, Samsung 1x 500GB
    CD-Rom: LG 52x
    S-ata DVD-Rom: LG 16x
    S-ATA DVD burner: SH-223f
    Samsung S-Ata, 2x 160GB, Samsung 1x 500GB,it doesn't work fine,Everything is same, except that i changed the case from a metal case to a acryllic case.I cannot boot nor can I enter BIOS setup,The computer starts and all IDE drives are recognized.Then, right after "Chassis intrusion detected" the message appears:"Fatal error ... System halted". All I can do then is reset.Does anyone know what causes this issue and how to fix it? Any help will be extremely appreciated.

Re: ASUS P6T Deluxe Motherboard bootup failure

hi,
    Try re-setting the BIOS (pull the CMOS battery for 30 secs) as it might have gone AWOL, if this does't work you're probably looking at a more terminal problem. One other thought though, if Del doesn't let you into setup try another keyboard?

Looks like you dislodged the "Chassis Intrusion" jumper when you moved the MoBo to its new case.
    The jumper is located on the RH side of the MoBo as you face the rear output sockets, just north of the front panel audio connector. Make sure the north most two pins are shorted.

The present BIOS configuration settings require that a BIOS user password be entered before it will allow the user access to the BIOS Setup.Was there previously no such BIOS configuration?
    In which case that would suggests chaos is creeping in to the settings in the CMOS; probably because the CMOS battery needs replaced.Remove the CMOS battery to make the BIOS revert to the default configurations, and see if those produce a fix.
    If you subsequently need to make deviations from the defaults, you will need to fit a good CMOS battery, then make the configuration changes.

hi,
    Overall its looking like some sort of issue with your BIOS. Check all your settings and make sure they are where they should be. Come to think of it the fatal error could be due to the system clock being set to its default date. If the system clock is showing a date that is before when windows was installed it will throw up all sorts of errors and issues. If you remember the worries about the Y2K bug. Those worries could have been true if a sysyem thought the date was 1900 rather then 2000 since there would be a big conflict between the date reported and the dates the system files where installed.